big bore

njf5020

Dec 8, 2009
I have an 01 blaster which i just put an 80 over in it and oh great i blew the f*cking thing up again. This time i can bore it at all the wrist pin went clean through the cylinder sleeve. i was thinking about getting a big bore kit instead of getting a stock jug and boring it again what does others think. to and to it i just bought a dmc pipe for my blown up motor. FML

sounds like you better figure out why YOU keep frying sh*t quicker than a short order cook, and until then i'd stick with cheap stock cylinders to continue your experiments on,
lots cheaper than frying big bore kits, which only allow 3 over bores

are you leak testing these before running them, are they jetted properly for the pipe and any other mods, and who is doing the boring of these cylinders, thats always a possible clue, if they're overboring the clearences

my first pice of advice would be if your wristpin hit the cylinder wall u didnt put the circlips in right so have someone fix it who knows what there doing

well im pretty sure i just wanna put the big bore in but is the horse power worth it cuz i can buy a stock jug for like a 100 and then bore it 80 over for another 125

wait, wait, overboring a stock cylinder does not add any noticible power gains, at all, your only adding a few cc's, and wasting bores
what will suit your need for power better is a standard bore ported cylinder

Better make sure of your clearance when you bore. id stick to stock cyilinders if i were you untill i figure it out properly. the attractiveness of a big bore kit is not going to last very long if you blow that up too

i think im just going to spend the money on a bbk i didnt know that boring it that big didnt do anything. i can get big bore sleeves to cant i if i blow it up again. i didnt reuse anything i bought the kit i know how to put the pistons in and sh*tt i just ride them really really hard all the time is the bbk going to put up with the abuse

i think im just going to spend the money on a bbk i didnt know that boring it that big didnt do anything. i can get big bore sleeves to cant i if i blow it up again. i didnt reuse anything i bought the kit i know how to put the pistons in and sh*tt i just ride them really really hard all the time is the bbk going to put up with the abuse

Abuse isn't blowing it up, bad assembly is. No offense.

You can get an LA Sleeve big bore.
L.A.SLEEVE Store

ken o connor has a video on how to assemble a top end. i have done rebuilds before but there is some stuff on there that i didnt know. and it is good to know if you rebuild your blaster alot. like put the circlips in either up or down cause they can come out if theyre sideways...

ill check it out i mean this is the first time that this has happened the last time i blew it my reeds fell apart in the motor and the screw got stuck in the piston so the big bore kit is the way to go then more power then what my cylinder was with an 80 over bore

i had a reed screw get stuck in my head. screwed up my piston and head. i wanted to write v force a letter but i decided these things happen.

ill check it out i mean this is the first time that this has happened the last time i blew it my reeds fell apart in the motor and the screw got stuck in the piston so the big bore kit is the way to go then more power then what my cylinder was with an 80 over bore

stock for stock a 240 is faster than a 200.But a ported stock 200 cylinder will out run an unported 240 all day long.Before you go spending your money listen up and start reading threads around here and get yourself informed of what your options are.From the sounds of it you should stick with a stock cylinder for now.Maybe consider some porting on it.DO NOT EVER BORE MORE THAN YOU NEED TO!!!!!!

x2 on that. if you bore more than you need to then you have less room to bore again if you blow it again. if you do need to bore it, go up one or 2 sizes from the previous size.

only bore as far as you have to who told you .080 would add any power?
it did not blow up because you ride it hard its a 2 stroke i hope your riding it hard.
i would say do not get a big bore cylinder, until you do some more reading a ported stock bore cylinder will chit all over a unported 240. i would say that you didnt put the circlips in right if the wrist pin came out.
also anything will take abuse as long as you maintain it right assamble it corectly and watch for small problems that turn into huge ones

People keep saying that a ported std bore will beat an unported big bore, but no one ever mentions a ported big bore. Wouldn't a ported big bore totally thrash a ported std bore blaster? Its like comparing apples and oranges in my mind.

People keep saying that a ported std bore will beat an unported big bore, but no one ever mentions a ported big bore. Wouldn't a ported big bore totally thrash a ported std bore blaster? Its like comparing apples and oranges in my mind.

Of course a ported bb should beat a ported stock cylinder all day long.We are stating that cause most think they can run out and buy a bb kit and be the fastest around or that they are going to be faster than a rocket ship when if they really just ported the stock cylinder they would be much faster.Also for some it is hard to get all the cash together for a new bb kit and when they do there is no money left for porting,thats when they should just port the stocker and be just as happy if not happier.

I get what you are saying. I am kind of curious though, how do you think a non-ported big bore sleeve in a stock cylinder would stack up to a non-ported std bore? It seems like alot of people asking if they should get big bore kits don't have the cash for the whole cylinder kit, so they would be putting a big bore sleeve in the stock cylinder, or just leaving it at std bore and not porting.

porting is my next step that I was going to do before i blew it up but I will still be getting it ported this summer anyway regardless what i put on it. im thinking about just putting the bbk on and then porting it later in the summer. as far as the boring goes one of my buddys told me that it would add alot more power i didnt even think to look on here and ask around. who does good porting for cheep? a bbk with a porting would be pretty sick right? and f*ck v force i traded my friend a set of boyesen reeds for the v force reeds and thats what f*cked me the first time around.

first off that is why v-force changed over to the vf3's, they do not have screws anymore,
and yes a ported bbk is the ultimate motor set-up, but i'd do it all now, or just the bbk, then wait for the off season to send it to ken oconnor racing for porting, < there are others on here and elsewhere that do great motor work, but kens power, service and customer support are second to none in my book
click the link down the bottom of my sig, or call the number in my sig pic, he can also get you the bbk of your choice at some of the best prices around