Best bottom end for blaster?

Nov 16, 2019
Hello again blaster forum, I am looking to do a bottom end rebuild soon on my blaster. I am wanting to do all the bearings, seals, and crankshaft and was wanting to know the best brands for these products. Thank you

Hello again blaster forum, I am looking to do a bottom end rebuild soon on my blaster. I am wanting to do all the bearings, seals, and crankshaft and was wanting to know the best brands for these products. Thank you
Are you rebuilding your crank? Or buying new?i ussualy use oem seals. But have used vitos. +3 mm crank , bearings and seals with no problems.

It's a stock bottom end I was looking to get rid of it
Stock crank is a great. Quality piece. Unless your looking to get a stroker crank. +3 vitos fits. With little to no case clearancing. Hotrods +4 crank cases have to be trenched for rod clearance.

I've been looking into a +3 stroker crank from vitos. What other work would i have to do other than to install the spacer under the cylinder?

I've been looking into a +3 stroker crank from vitos. What other work would i have to do other than to install the spacer under the cylinder?
Sometimes minor clearancing front and rear of cases at top.right under where cylinder bolts on . in the middle for rod clearance.. There might be a picture on here somewhere of where to clearance.

They tell you to put crank in left case.piston on rod no rings .put cylinder on. With gaskets and spacer plate.rotate crank to see if rod hits.i think clearancing is 20-40. Thousands.you would have to find out sure.. The downfall is if you. Need clearancing you have to remove crank and alot of the time your new bearing is going to stay on crank

I just pre clearanced mine 40. Thousands and assembled.how you assemble yours is up to you.pulling new bearing off new crank sucks imo

Might just go with the stock one then lol I'm in the middle of a clutch rebuild and having issues the boss is moving but the basket doesent

Might just go with the stock one then lol I'm in the middle of a clutch rebuild and having issues the boss is moving but the basket doesent
Don't really understand what a boss is. Clutch basket is gear driven off crank gear
So it is not going to turn unless motor turns. Center clutch hub turns tranny main shaft and will turn freely if tranny is in nuetral. If that helps

Last edited:
IIRC .020” is minimum clearance on 3mil. I went .040”
It’s a little work , but well worth it. Throw a little DIY porting, a pipe and jetting and you’ll nearly double your powwa

Reactions: Slydog