Bent my frame on my blaster ! HELP!?

Buster

Oct 25, 2015
Ok so I was out on my blaster today and tried to squeeze through the a space and hit a tree.. Bent my frame ! Not really looking to by a new frame just want to repair this ! I'm a heavy goods mechanic In London England so I have access to basic workshop tools and I was thinking of heating the frame up and welding it .. Just looking for advice / help .. I don't race my quad just ride around in a field with some friends so the quad won't be hitting jumps or anything like that . What would you guys recommend ? And also if you think my frame is totally beyond repair let me know .. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 445
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 401
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 422
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 327
Ok so I was out on my blaster today and tried to squeeze through the a space and hit a tree.. Bent my frame ! Not really looking to by a new frame just want to repair this ! I'm a heavy goods mechanic In London England so I have access to basic workshop tools and I was thinking of heating the frame up and welding it .. Just looking for advice / help .. I don't race my quad just ride around in a field with some friends so the quad won't be hitting jumps or anything like that . What would you guys recommend ? And also if you think my frame is totally beyond repair let me know .. Thanks
Everything can be fixed:D
I would pull it back then cut the mangled pieces out, sleeve the tubing and weld it again when everything is in specs.
Maybe others know an easier/better way, but that's i would do it.
Good luck!

Ouch time to find a blaster that has been sitting neglected since little Billy went to college 5 or 10 years ago and pick it up for a couple hundred dollars, and viola , a replacement frame and nearly an entire bike of spare parts, you could easily part out enough of the bike to make your money back making the frame and everything that is left free for you.
Even with limited space, you are going to be taking one bike or another apart and tossing the old frame, everything else doesn't take much space.

Ouch time to find a blaster that has been sitting neglected since little Billy went to college 5 or 10 years ago and pick it up for a couple hundred dollars, and viola , a replacement frame and nearly an entire bike of spare parts, you could easily part out enough of the bike to make your money back making the frame and everything that is left free for you.
Even with limited space, you are going to be taking one bike or another apart and tossing the old frame, everything else doesn't take much space.
Yeah I like in London , England so finding a frame isn't as easy as it sounds but I've sourced one in Ireland so fingers crossed it all goes to plan and I can start rebuilding

I personally would never trust a frame that had been reclaimed from that much carnage.
Decided to not repair as it seems like ALOT of work ! Managed to source a frame in Ireland .. Will feel relieved when I have the frame and can start rebuilding

Everything can be fixed:D
I would pull it back then cut the mangled pieces out, sleeve the tubing and weld it again when everything is in specs.
Maybe others know an easier/better way, but that's i would do it.
Good luck!
Had a better look at the bike this morning with a few guys from work .. I'm a heavy goods mechanic and decided to source a frame that's not bent haha.. Found one in Ireland so will feel much more stress free when the frame is delivered !

Since frames are really hard to come by where you are at maybe you should gusset the new one when you get it. It won't make it bullet proof but any bit helps in your situation
I'm not familiar with the word gusset ? I have an idea what I think you mean but could you explain more please

Had a better look at the bike this morning with a few guys from work .. I'm a heavy goods mechanic and decided to source a frame that's not bent haha.. Found one in Ireland so will feel much more stress free when the frame is delivered !
That is always the better option !