bed liner a frame?

baycityryda

Jun 28, 2009
michigan
i'm stripping my quad and i was going to paint it but my buddy hooked me up with a herkuliner kit has anyone done this??????its got to be better than just paint.

If you do you would want to spray it with a gun.... I don't see it working out well if your brush/roll it. I've seen it done before.... I just can't seem to find the pic.

thats the thing i dont have a compresser and gun.but its got to be better than a rattle can right?

I don't know.... I actually thought about this when I was deciding what to do with mine.

I think you will be ok even rolling it on if you prep it right.

Poor prep= sh*ttydurability

As for being better than a rattlecan, it all comes back to prep.

If you do a rattle can it can be decently strong but not bullet proof.

Go ahead and do it.... What's the worst that's gonna happen? You got it for free so worst case scenario you have to redo it and put a little cash into it!

Post up some pix showing the prep and final product!

one of my buddies did it to his arctic pussy 400 for the underside. turned out pretty good i dont have any pics but by now it pry dont look the greatest anymore cause hell that was almost 2 years ago we did this

i have seen it done on truck bodies and it is sick im sure it will be nice just make sure you dont fill any threaded holes

if you put old bolts in the holes, not all the way in. but in the holes, you can remove them. the bolts may be useless, but may be easier than rolls of tape, probly protect better.

that stuff is nice and strong. prep is everything. would be great for trails for sure...easy touch up too i bet!!! spraying would be better, but you dont have the tools, so try teh roll-on attempt, let us know....it may still turn out ok...

if you put old bolts in the holes, not all the way in. but in the holes, you can remove them. the bolts may be useless, but may be easier than rolls of tape, probly protect better.

that stuff is nice and strong. prep is everything. would be great for trails for sure...easy touch up too i bet!!! spraying would be better, but you dont have the tools, so try teh roll-on attempt, let us know....it may still turn out ok...

yup i have a bucket a bolts i got when my grandpa passed away i dont think he throw a nut or bolt away since the 40s.

Hey if the liner fails, they have what's called chassis saver which if you brushed on lightly with a small brush, would be a nice ground coat and just rattle can over top (pretty inexpensive). It comes ready in a gal. can or a qrt. can I believe. Sprayed mine on (I'm a prof. auto painter). Then I painted it straight black (base/clear) over top. Done it before and will last a long time. Plus the chassis saver paint neutralizes rust. PREP WORK IS THE KEY!!! to a lasting finish.