bayou 300 carb problems

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
ok wensday im going to my grandmas house to work on my bayou it leaks gas out the card really bad any ideas (and the bike was sitting for about 1 or 2 years ) but we got it running about a month ago and gas just poured out of the carb but i dont think i has been ran in about 2 or 3 months

CVK32's are KNOWN for running gas out of the overflows. They're not bad carbs except for that problem. Unfortunately, the float needle seats are NOT replaceable so if it's damaged in any way, you're stuck buying a new carburetor.

Try Braaptor's trick: http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/easy-almost-free-way-stop-leaky-carbs-33335/

Also, buy a carburetor rebuild kit. A "shindy" or similar off Ebay is fine... The float needle will have a small "ring" indented into the rubber and that tiny ring will cause the needle to stick and not seal.

ok well i thought id give a update i got to get the carb to stop leaking and my muffler has a hole in it and it is rusted out so it is loud as fock now iv just got to get my fmf ready to put on it