Banshee Spindles on Burgard Arms

ZSK

Mar 24, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I need to ream out the banshee spindles to run the larger balljoints that are on Burgard Arms. What size is the reamer? I thought I read it was a 1.2" TPF (Taper per foot) but need some confirmation. I'd like to borrow/rent the correct reamer as it'll be a one time use.

hey norman, nice to see you finally drop by, but the link you gave was wrong, imo,
i personally think reaming the spindles is a bad idea, and dangerous too!!!!, didnt look like it left much meat on the reamed out area, i'd have to say i'd break that sh*t, so, heres the link i think you should have given, if ya wont promote yourself, i will do it for you, as i have been since recieving my spindles from you, what an awsome product, well worth every penny!!!!!! and much safer than reaming and rigging banshee spindles...............

Yamaha Blaster Front Disc Brake Conversion Spindles:eBay Motors (item 290361305162 end time Oct-23-09 06:24:48 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I have done (reamed) a number of Banshee spindles for different people. The Blaster I just sold had Banshee spindles with Burgard arms. My only complaint was, the top joint had to be adjusted as far out as I could safely adjust it, to get an acceptable camber adjustment. Rode fine though. As a side note... Yamaha uses a very tough steel for the spindles. If you happen to bend one without killing yourself, you may want to throw in an extra "Hail Mary" at church the next Sunday.

Worked with the Xkut guy on Ebay to come up with the needed reamer. Worked great. Went as far as blueing up the taper on the ball joint for inspection purposes. Built a fixture at work so not to change the factory (camber/caster) geometry when reaming. Now I can do a set in minutes.

Best

hey norman, nice to see you finally drop by, but the link you gave was wrong, imo,
i personally think reaming the spindles is a bad idea, and dangerous too!!!!, didnt look like it left much meat on the reamed out area, i'd have to say i'd break that sh*t, so, heres the link i think you should have given, if ya wont promote yourself, i will do it for you, as i have been since recieving my spindles from you, what an awsome product, well worth every penny!!!!!! and much safer than reaming and rigging banshee spindles...............

Yamaha Blaster Front Disc Brake Conversion Spindles:eBay Motors (item 290361305162 end time Oct-23-09 06:24:48 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
if u send them to burgard they do it for free cost me 10 bucks total shipping and got them back in 2 days then bolted the spindles right up