Banshee Engine Swap

i think u should use the engine brakes a back swing arm off the shee on the blaster as far as the frame go's there a fairly strong but as long the engine mounts are welded in go and strong and reinforced propley u'l be ok

thought about that , I just paid 519.00 for asr a arms , with tie rods and steel braided brake lines , hydro front brakes , still finishing the +5" swinger for the blaster got a few more socket welds to do. and I have a 2 week trip to the dunes in late march , so......... i gotta finish 1 before i would consider starting the other .

hey wheres it at? ill scoop it up and just rebuild it, id be doing u a favor! I:I
hook a brotha up

i think u should use the engine brakes a back swing arm off the shee on the blaster as far as the frame go's there a fairly strong but as long the engine mounts are welded in go and strong and reinforced propley u'l be ok

a stock blaster frame strong lol. seen one bend from it barely hitting another quad.

Haha yeah no doubt. My frames trashed after I rolled mine 2 months ago. I was going up a hill and I had forgot to bend the cotter key over on the front left hub and the nut loosed and the hub blew off by the time I hit about 45mph. The A-Arm dug right in and threw me and rolled it 7 times. Haha the frame kinked and cracked wide open. How Yamaha thought they could put a 200cc 2 stroke motor in a 1/8 inch steel frame I dont even know. Lol

Haha yeah no doubt. My frames trashed after I rolled mine 2 months ago. I was going up a hill and I had forgot to bend the cotter key over on the front left hub and the nut loosed and the hub blew off by the time I hit about 45mph. The A-Arm dug right in and threw me and rolled it 7 times. Haha the frame kinked and cracked wide open. How Yamaha thought they could put a 200cc 2 stroke motor in a 1/8 inch steel frame I dont even know. Lol

Oh-oh, you are scaring me...
Any suggestions on better frames to work with or where or how to reinforce it?

hi all
planning to put a banshee engine on my blaster any tips and tricks ?

Buy a Banshee!

There has to be a point to what you are doing.
What are you trying to achieve, that a Banshee doesn't already achieve?

I opted for a KTM engine because it would over double the HP, and I run
them in my bikes and have plenty of parts. In spite of the huge increase of HP
my Blaster is only 10-20% faster and quicker than my son's stock blaster and I would love to have his wide gearing. I wanted a light, simple, powerful trail machine and I got it, but a stock Blaster is pretty close to that too.

Have a goal when you build something.

Yo Best
a buddy of my has a RZ350/RD350 engine for so that why my choice of engine...
I use my blaster for road use fun :) and the banshee are hard to get here in the netherlands (for road use)
thats why ...

Yo Best
a buddy of my has a RZ350/RD350 engine for so that why my choice of engine...
I use my blaster for road use fun :) and the banshee are hard to get here in the netherlands (for road use)
thats why ...

Well, you have met the criteria of "find a reason"!

I used to spend summers in Wassenaar, near Den Haag, in the 1970s.
Lovely country, friendly people. Where are you from?

You have got to tell me more about "road use".
Do you mean drive in traffic? or on a track?

@best I live near Amsterdam and I can use my blaster to drive in traffic :) lucky me

What did you do in wassenaar ?

@best I live near Amsterdam and I can use my blaster to drive in traffic :) lucky me

What did you do in wassenaar ?

Stayed at the campground there. Played at the amusement park, climbed the highest hill in Holland, bicycled around Den Haag and smoked Sampson cigarettes, and drank a lot of Grolsch. Just had one heck of a good time. My friends were so eager to learn and speak English that I learned very little Dutch, except a few bad word and good words for the girls...

Tell me more about an ATV in traffic. Do you have to signal lights or just hand signals?
I am lucky enough to be able to ride my KTM on streets here in Canada, but the Blaster is banished to the woods and trails.