banshee axle

'04BLASTER

Apr 24, 2010
anyone now where i can get a cheap stock banshee axle? also i looked at other threads about swapping and i wasnt understanding them. you can swap a banshee axle into a blaster stock swinger?

yupper. if you get a banshee axle with the banshee brake hub then it is a direct swap to the blaster carrier. if you have an 03+blaster brake hub then it is a direct swap as well. just take both rear tires off, take the cotter pins out of your rear hub bolts, take the hub bolts off, take the hubs off, loosen the 2 nuts on the left side on the axle (i tightened the one closest to the middle and then backed both of them off) take off the chain, take off the brake caliper, then pound the blaster stock axle out. it comes out through the right side. hit it with a hammer being careful not to damage the threads. repeat these steps in reverse for the banshee axle and youre done.

You need to do some modding to the stock caliper if you are going to run the 88-02 mechanical caliper with the shee axle.FYI

You gotta mod the brake so it can slide back and forth since the banshee brake hub is fixed and doesn't float. There is a how to on the site showing how to mod the stock brake, or you could upgrade to a hydraulic rear brake that floats.

not unless you want to convert your blaster pattern to a banshee, yfz, warrior, raptor bolt pattern. blaster hubs will fit on the banshee axle. and the only modding you need to do to fit the 02 and down brake hub to the banshee axle is you need a spacer on the axle to move the axle to the left a little bit. but yours is a 04 so dont worry about anything except getting the shee axle. good swap i might add. makes the blaster handle alot better.

not unless you want to convert your blaster pattern to a banshee, yfz, warrior, raptor bolt pattern. blaster hubs will fit on the banshee axle. and the only modding you need to do to fit the 02 and down brake hub to the banshee axle is you need a spacer on the axle to move the axle to the left a little bit. but yours is a 04 so dont worry about anything except getting the shee axle. good swap i might add. makes the blaster handle alot better.

i found one on ebay that came with hubs for like $20 maybe $30 with s/h.
im thinking about that one but it still has like 4 days left

i would say about 3. i have a shee axle and my +3 a arms are dead even with the width of my axle. and if you can snag a shee axle for 40 bucks... grab it. hubs go for like 20 bucks alone.

i would say about 3. i have a shee axle and my +3 a arms are dead even with the width of my axle. and if you can snag a shee axle for 40 bucks... grab it. hubs go for like 20 bucks alone.

ya im definitely thinking about it. just wanna wait till its closer to the end date. that way i can see what the final price will be. know what i mean