Ballpark Jetting

nboldman

Feb 5, 2012
Kentland, Indiana
Alright Guys. Ive got a 290 main in right now w/stock pilot and stock needle setting. stock carb. Just need it ballpark because i know im still lean. Here are my mods and elevation.

600-800 ft above sea level
.80 Over Bore w/Wiseco Piston
Boyessen Reeds
Oil injecton delete
Tors Delete
Uni Airfilter w/o lid
Full Procurcuit Exhaust
Pre Mix at 32:1

And whatever else is in my signature that i may have forgotten. Just need to know ball park so i know what bigger jets to get. Ill be plug chopping sunday of next weekend. Just want to make sure im not going to blow it up again during break in/heat cycles. And yes it has been cleared on a good leakdown.

alright ill probably buy from a range of 300-340 and go from there. Worst pat about me plug chopping is my dad is moving into a new house and the new neighbors arent going to like me. LOL.

i did a 4th gear WOT plug chop and held WOT for around 5 seconds also using the brakes to make the engine pull harder and i got a very light brown/light paperbag color, that was with 300 main 32.5 pilot and clip in stock position

Sounds good to me ? i think your fine .

Your rich enough , I think you are already on the safe side ... A tan color with a darker 2mm ring on the bottom of the electroid is perfect . But if your saying its paper bag tan , you should be fine..

heres a pic off of my cell phone.

2012-06-27184826.jpg

you think it will be alright for break in?