Bad idling!

ShaunStanton

Sep 2, 2016
Alberton South Africa
Hey Guys

I had a post on here that i couldnt get my 2006 blaster started. I actually got it started now after getting rid of the flooding and a new spark plug. I get it to start but as soon as i give throttle it dies. Also too much play on the cable. I have tried the TORS elimination things and it didnt start at all so i just connected it again. How do i sort this out. Please help

Thanks for your reply Teflon. Air screw is 1 and a hlaf turns out.. i also stripped the wires on the tors, so its eliminated.. so the tors isnt the problem. fixed the slack in the throttle cable. Its all standard as far as i knows. how do i know what jets these are? Ill check the placement of then needle clip

You will have to remove the bottom of your carb to pull the jets... they have numbers stamped on them to indicate what size they are. Have you got an aftermarket exhaust fitted? The carbs are jetted lean from the factory and need to be richened up if you have aftermarket exhaust, reeds, air-box lid off etc...

No after market exhaust. Just powder coated the exhaust. On what setting should the needle clip be for standard pipe and reeds. Also how do i exaclty bypass the parking brake wire?

The needle is best set in the middle clip position.

Idle speed adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when
the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .