back with a new toy!

chevyboy13

Jul 27, 2012
pennsburg PA
hey guys its been a while, i stopped coming on here when i got rid of my 01 blaster. well through a long complex series of trades and money i ended up with another 02 blaster. and this thing is pretty clapped out. shes ugly and has some untasteful mods on it such as a twist throttle and a peice of junk headlight. but the heart and soul is strong, it runs good and shifts nice. i only took it for a little spin around the yard in the rain but it seems to run pretty damn good. only thing it has done to it is a fmf header and silencer that needs a repacking pretty badly. so well see what she ends up being, im thinking a flat tracking and trail riding theme. so let me know what you guys think. also im wondering what the best mods i can do to this thing for cheap are. thanks guys, glad to be back!I:I

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0347.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0347.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 175
Head rechamber, porting, forget the carb a stocker will do all you want it to do, unless you need to ram a serious amount of fuel in there.

im not even considering doing all the porting and stuff to the head guys. i mean reeds are probably as far as its gonna go for performance. im thinking a wider axle, some nice new tires, new bars, custom lights, banshee front shocks, maybe a 400ex rear. today im just going through it and tightening bolts taking off junk parts that sort of thing. and ill get back later.

as far as the flat track and trail thing goes, i just want to widen it up some to keep from rolling like i did on my last one. first things first as far as mods are concerned, mud and snow tires. tis the season!

im not even considering doing all the porting and stuff to the head guys. i mean reeds are probably as far as its gonna go for performance. im thinking a wider axle, some nice new tires, new bars, custom lights, banshee front shocks, maybe a 400ex rear. today im just going through it and tightening bolts taking off junk parts that sort of thing. and ill get back later.

You wont get better value for money than this man

Tusk Adjustable Width Racing Axle | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

StevieN

well guys after a long day of ups and downs i have learned a few things. well it has a durablue axle (which is slightly bent) douglass wheels, some sort of junky aftermarket bars, the full fmf system, and some other little stuff. as for widening it i did the old flip flop. i know everyones pretty controversial about it but i did it with my old one with no problems. the back end is insanely wide, im assuming the douglass wheels have a different offset cause this ones waay wider than my old one. i had it out for a little night ride and it runs really strong. but my front brakes suck horribly so thats where ill start tommorow. heres the stuff i plan on doing to it... let me know what yall think..
-pro taper contour atv high bends
-new thumb throttle and cable(currently has twist throttle)
-the new vforce 4 reeds for the blasters and banshees only (sounds bada$$ to me)
-new plastics and hardware all the way around(the majority is ziptied
-banshee shocks
-axle

thats just what ive thought up so far. thanks guys!

oh and i ran into a little problem guys, the PO did the tors delete, but now it wont idle. i have to constantly be on the throttle a bit to keep it running. how the heck am i supposed to adjust the idle?

noo and i dont know how the heck im supposed to adjust the idle without it.. it kinda sucks, i hopped off to open the garage door after my little spin last night when i got it and it died and left me in the dark... not a good night.

nooooooooooooo, LOL
don't put that brick back on top of the carb,
you need at least this idle screw for what you have now ........

Yamaha Blaster Idle Screw Kit w Tap Drill Bit 88 06 | eBay

heres a thumb throttle .......

2001 Yamaha Blaster Thumb Throttle | eBay

and the cable needed for the tors delete cap you already have..........

Yamaha Blaster Tors Elimination Thumb Throttle Cable | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
i know it might just seem that way to me. i dont feel it when i ride but oh well. im not worried about the throttle and all that right now cause i have a bigger problem. i was riding it after school today getting a feel for the powerband and how the engines running. i parked it next to my uncles bayou for about 30 seconds to take a picture, got back on started it, cracked the throttle probably about 3/4 open, it reved up and died when it reached the higher rpms. now it wont start. i let it sit for 5 hours while i went to the orthodontics came home and kicked it over a bunch of times and it will not start. i pulled the carb apart,checked the reeds, the spark plug is a old azz peice of junk spark plug that has seen better days but i cant see that being the reason it just cut out in the high rpms. it seems to have low compression but i cant remember if its lower than when i first got it. anything i can check out tommorow?

well bad news fellas. the top compression ring caught on the exhaust port and ruined the piston and rings. luckily the cylinder is barely scoured at all. it should hone right out. dissapointed but oh well it happens. im fixing it then plan on trading it for a truck. so far the cheapest piston and rings ive found were 56$ from denniskirk.com does anyone know of a cheaper set up. i dont want to dump alot of money into it seeing as i plan on getting rid of it.