Average price of cylinder bore.

Unstock240

Oct 7, 2008
mid Ohio
Well My dad is unemployed currently, so this will be the first time paying someone to do it. I am going to call around tomorrow. What is a decent price for bore/hone? I will hand them the piston and jug. it will be .040 over.

proper clearance will make or break an engine .a good* bore guy is hard to find ,just about anybody can make a hole bigger and fit a piston up ..but to maintain the close tolerences required and proper cross hatch hone is a different story .might want ot go with a reputable shop like wildcard instead of some local guy with a mill in his garage to do your precision boring,plus youll want a trained eye who can spot a possible problem that youd otherwise miss

Things seem to differ from water cooling and air. There is a place that has been doing racing kart engines that is reputable around here. If they ask since there is really no set piston to wall gap. What would you suggest for forged? They should know this if there good like people say though.

get wiseco prolites ,dont get vitos! even their forged versions suck becuase the y have a pie cut on the exhaust that throws off the porting .

Sorry should have been more specific, I did get a wiseco pro lite. I dont plan on getting a vitos super scrap piston from what i've seen. I was asking what you suggest on the piston to cylinder clearance. Some places ask you what you want so its not their fault if its wrong. At least the people that did my old cr125 asked.