Attempting to remove my engine from the frame

fcp4life

Mar 8, 2012
I have been attempting to remove my engine from my 2006 blaster, so far i got 2 bolts off except the last one which is the biggest one just wont come out, theres a metal circular piece that just spins and the bolt wont come off... any ideas?

I had this problem earlier.. no copper lock or anything on the bolt :/ simple brute force is the only way I found to work :p

will it not come loose? or not pull out?

spray it with a ton of your favorite penetrating lube, and you may need to get the hammer and a long punch out. just mind the threads

it just spins its not coming lose or anything... the bolt on the left side comes off but on the other side it just spins,

i was just gonna take a hammer to the other side and try to hit it out but i dont know if i should do that

i was just gonna take a hammer to the other side and try to hit it out but i dont know if i should do that

Yes, get something like a screw driver and bash it out, as said above though, careful of the threads i screwed mine up.. lucky i had aload of spare ones I:I

i had an a arm bolt like this, got the nut off and i couldnt even beat it out. lol we timed me pulling my 88 motor out, 13 minutes from starting to loosin the exhaust bolts to having it on the floor

i had an a arm bolt like this, got the nut off and i couldnt even beat it out. lol we timed me pulling my 88 motor out, 13 minutes from starting to loosin the exhaust bolts to having it on the floor

Way to long ;) I had my 92 out in literally 5minutes, but it had only been in about 3months and everything had copperlock on it ;)

where as the new blasty i was taking just the bottom end out took nearly an hour because of the same problem this guy is having :(

Way to long ;) I had my 92 out in literally 5minutes, but it had only been in about 3months and everything had copperlock on it ;)

where as the new blasty i was taking just the bottom end out took nearly an hour because of the same problem this guy is having :(

Triplecrown's assistant might have made too many trips to the kegerator!

Hey, don't use screwdrivers as punches. Buy a proper punch and you will love it. Saves the threads and what ever you are beating on too!

It is nice working on the quad when you have taken the time to nickle-antisieze (our copperlock) or locktited everything.
All the parts are there and they all work. I also like Belray Waterproof Grease. Really recommend it too.

I have been attempting to remove my engine from my 2006 blaster, so far i got 2 bolts off except the last one which is the biggest one just wont come out, theres a metal circular piece that just spins and the bolt wont come off... any ideas?

You need a wrench on one side and an impact gun on the other.Nothing a snap-on wont break loose I:I

If you dont have acess to an impact heat and penetrating spray and a breaker bar.You still have to hold the nut thats why its just spinning.

Be sure before reassembling you take the swing arm bolt to a wire wheel and clean those threads.

I'm guessing your talking about the swingarm bolt. I had the same problem on my warrior and it took me an hour or two to get out. I put an impact gun on one end and had someone else hit the other end with a brass drift and an 8 pound sledge and it slowly came out. It was because the bearings were destroyed and melted into the bolt so you may have the same problem. Hopefully you can get it out