Are these worth it?

They work well in both situations, my lad has used them for MX for the last 18 months with no problems.

2hx1xn5.jpg

2utqc86.jpg

I would never run spacers on a bike that will be used for jumping. They are not only dangerous, but increase bump steer tremendously.

I fail to see how bump steer is increased, the tierods and ends still have the same geometry, the radius the arms travel through is not increased.

I fail to see how bump steer is increased, the tierods and ends still have the same geometry, the radius the arms travel through is not increased.

Obviously you have never ridden a bike with wheel spacers on a motocross track.
Also, the suspension travel is staying the same, but you are moving the tires away from the bike like aftermarket a-arms would do, increasing leverage, so the valving of the shocks will need to be adjusted for that.
Ive seen PLENTY of wheel spacers break on heavier, faster quads riding HARD. If you are just putting around a MX track then you might be fine, or you might not. Its your health you are risking, not mine.

This is like putting +2 a-arms on a bike with stock shocks, only you are cheating and adding something that is now the weakest link in your suspension, and its a much weaker link than the weakest link of your previous setup.

Obviously you have never ridden a bike with wheel spacers on a motocross track. Also, the suspension travel is staying the same, but you are moving the tires away from the bike like aftermarket a-arms would do, increasing leverage, so the valving of the shocks will need to be adjusted for that.
Ive seen PLENTY of wheel spacers break on heavier, faster quads riding HARD. If you are just putting around a MX track then you might be fine, or you might not. Its your health you are risking, not mine.

This is like putting +2 a-arms on a bike with stock shocks, only you are cheating and adding something that is now the weakest link in your suspension, and its a much weaker link than the weakest link of your previous setup.

Obviously you have never ridden a bike with wheel spacers on a motocross track.

Nope never ridden spacers on a MX track, but there again I am a terrible liar!

Bump steer will not increase extending the width of the vehicle beyond the spindles, geometry stays the same. I will however conceed that more strain will be put on spindles and bearings.

Heavier, faster bikes may break spacers, but are we not talking light Blaster.

Has anyone seen or heard of a Blaster breaking stud extensions, be good to hear of the experience.

i run them no problem a guy at my dads work has 3 blasters has them on all of his blasters no problems where i race there 450s that run them

The shorter the extension the less stress on assosiated parts, if you are a lighter rider then you should have no trouble with the 4".

If you fit them use Locktite on the studs on the hubs but not on the lugnuts.

This is Quadrider10 in flight, he uses stud extensions.

1g3di.jpg

Last edited: