Are my reeds too short?

Mert

Mar 16, 2008
Kentucky
I got some boyesen pro series reeds, brand new in the package, says its for a blaster on the package. I put them on my reed cage and they are too short, or at least I think they are. can there be a slight gap at the end of the reed? I always thought it had to seal completely. Here are some pics, tell me what you all think. I'll be calling boyesen tomorrow.
LDSKuL0.jpg

rzXhXQZ.jpg

iMyMr0a.jpg

Here is one compared to a stock reed.
XyWVLqX.jpg

Yeah i had the same damn problem with super stock reeds. I think they are slipping in the quality control area. I just drilled the mounting holes a little and they are holding up decent.

Those are for a Boyesen rad valve. Yes there for a Blaster but for a different reed cage. The Boyesen one.. Is there a part number on the package? 35a or RL04 I think?

yeah, but I'm a jew and I saw them for cheap on ebay. I just elongated the holes and they work fine.

oh okay, i thought they were store-bought thinking you could return them.

They were for the rad valve, it was packaged correctly, just mis-listed on ebay, it said nothing about the rad valve in the listing nor did it have a part number. The guy didn't have the correct reeds but he offered to return them for store credit or a 20% restocking fee.... dick. Too bad I already gave him good feedback when I got them in the mail. So I just made them work.