Anyone use AMR Monster coil?

Haven't used one (AMR coil) before, but the theory is sound enough. One of the benefits of having a coil that puts out more voltage is that you can run a wider gap on your plug. This larger spark can better ignite the fuel mix. Also, at higher RPM, a stronger coil can better ignite mixtures at high rpm because there is more voltage demand.

That said, normally a coil in of itself is not a major performance mod. Without the aforementioned gap adjustment, you wouldn't see much difference at lower rpm. What you gain is a coil that can better handle increased loads, be it a fat gap or increased rpm (or both). But I'm still a fan of "Bigger is Better"!

This is not to be confused with a Nology coil which has proprietary circuitry and therefore is not a "normal" coil.

i've read and read the info on this coil, sounds good to me.
and will be adding one soon to go with the hotshot cdi box already ordered, and the iridium plug thats in now, <<< which refuses to foul, even while flooding this new 34mm carb tryin to get it tuned right
why is the electrical system on our bikes always forgotten about, prolly gonna order the amr coil next week

Haven't used one (AMR coil) before, but the theory is sound enough. One of the benefits of having a coil that puts out more voltage is that you can run a wider gap on your plug. This larger spark can better ignite the fuel mix. Also, at higher RPM, a stronger coil can better ignite mixtures at high rpm because there is more voltage demand.

That said, normally a coil in of itself is not a major performance mod. Without the aforementioned gap adjustment, you wouldn't see much difference at lower rpm. What you gain is a coil that can better handle increased loads, be it a fat gap or increased rpm (or both). But I'm still a fan of "Bigger is Better"!

This is not to be confused with a Nology coil which has proprietary circuitry and therefore is not a "normal" coil.

Suppose I'm using an iridium plug like awk, which I actually am using the iridium plug, and it's not supposed to be gapped. Should I still get the a/m coil or should I stick with stock?

This is what I use Nology HotWire & Coil:

Project Blaster - Online Store

Nology HotWire & Coil: </B>

The most technologically advanced ignition wire available.
Creates more powerful spark, which adds to horsepower and torque.

</B>

The most technologically advanced ignition wire available.
Creates more powerful spark, which adds to horsepower and torque.