anyone cut their standard back plastics before?

I cut mine cause I couldn't afford the maier ones

I don't know why they always look uneven in the pics , but both sides are exactly the same

011.jpg

012.jpg

I cut them with a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder with a metal cutting disc. Sliced thru them like a hot knife thru butter . It's better to cut them larger then you think and just whittle a little bit at a time, one slip and it's too late.

Did mine with a dremel and then painted with Krylon Fusion, easy breezy...
So many options to do as well, shape, design, paint colors, etc.

2845-hpim1191.jpg

2846-rear-fender-dremel-job-paint.jpg

Did mine with a dremel and then painted with Krylon Fusion, easy breezy...
So many options to do as well, shape, design, paint colors, etc.

2845-hpim1191.jpg

2846-rear-fender-dremel-job-paint.jpg

My gf has a 97 blaster with the yellow plastics and she wants me to buy white plastics but I don't really want to drop 350 bucks on plastics. I was thinking about painting them with the Krylon Fusion but I am concerned about chipping and scratching. How well is the paint holding up?

My gf has a 97 blaster with the yellow plastics and she wants me to buy white plastics but I don't really want to drop 350 bucks on plastics. I was thinking about painting them with the Krylon Fusion but I am concerned about chipping and scratching. How well is the paint holding up?

The krylon fusion holds up great, just be sure to prep the fenders correctly, sand, etc, then 2 good coats, DONE...

No problem, have done it to a few sets, and just do a fresh recoat each year so it looks "good"...
Love that plastic paint!!!

Looks good man ,

X2 on the fusion paint, I hit mine with white and they look 100 times better then before.

It works real good if you prep the plastics good. You want to sand all the surface till its all dull. Clean well and do a couple light coat with the proper dry time in between. Just follow the instruction on the can.