anybody got this?

2stroke4ever

Aug 26, 2009
Okoboji Iowa
www.oakhillmarina.com
i'm wondering if anyone has used the cool head product that is in the link below. if so how did it effect performance and running temp. curiousity drive me to know more about this product and how well it works, i relize it's only a cool head, not cylinder but i'm liking the idea and thinkin it could make more power and if i'm gonna have my head re-cambered anyways why not throw on one of these trick baby's if they work, thanks for the feed back

Yamaha Blaster High Performance Liquid Cooling Kit

This has been a common subject on the forum lately. No one has it on here, but I'm sure somebody out there is running it. Theres alot of different opinions on this, but no one can really prove anything. Hey if you want, give it a shot and see how you like it. IMO they could have at least made it look a little better.

I am also interested in the kit , I am going to go ahead and have my engine sleeved and use the wiseco bb piston kit , and add the watercooled head as well . typically we ride the dunes , and some trail riding , and I think this will help keep the temps down in the summertime. shrouds work great for keeping engine temp down at speed , but if you are stuck in a bowl for awhile trying to get out you tend to heat up more , thats why I'll be using this on my blaster

lets put it like this, your spark plug goes into the head. it sparks when the piston compresses the air fuel mix as far as its going to. so the top of the piston and the head take most of the heat and abuse. so if you can keep the head temps down, then you are helping keep the bike cool a bit better. not only that, but hot air tends to move towards colder air. just like pressure. high pressure moves towards low pressure....

it is ugly, but theres no use for the "cooling fins". i dont see why people don't like this mod...as i've posted it before.....but it cant hurt....not to mention you can change domes, and have custom domes cut. instead of the whole head....makes it a little easier...

Heh, it looks like a 2 stroke watercraft head. Actually, with the interchangable domes it is exactly like a watercraft head. IMHO it should make a difference. I know that the cooler I can get the head on my built Sea Doo engines, the more power they seem to make. Just my $.02

Heh, it looks like a 2 stroke watercraft head. Actually, with the interchangable domes it is exactly like a watercraft head. IMHO it should make a difference. I know that the cooler I can get the head on my built Sea Doo engines, the more power they seem to make. Just my $.02
ah ha! im not the only one who can see this being a good mod!!

I have seen this about this a month ago. There is no tech info as far as I see. For $250.00+, its not a bad price. I don't see it adding a lot of horsepower unless they can prove otherwise. Keeping it cooler will definitly improve longevity. My vote is yes!!

id take relaiblity over power any day,... if it helps it run cooler thats a good thing, run your scoops like normal and the cool head, that should boost hot weather reliablilty a ton, and prob help against rings seazing

if i had $250 to spend then i would invest in this but i just don't have the money
but it looks like a great idea and everything is included!