any tips for waterproofing a blaster?

coggonbrien

Oct 12, 2010
Iowa
I occasionally do a little mud running with my blaster and was just wondering if anybody had any tips for keeping the water out (besides using the stock air box) and keeping the iginition dry.

Thanks,
David

I occasionally do a little mud running with my blaster and was just wondering if anybody had any tips for keeping the water out (besides using the stock air box) and keeping the iginition dry.

Thanks,
David

your gonna wanna go get your self a few tubes of dielectric grease from your local parts store or hardware store, and put the grease in every electrical conection on the bike, along with all the bulb sockets, you will also want to regrease allllll bearings and bushing with a heavy duty marine/ farm/agurcultural grease, a arm bearings, swing arm, steering stem, tie rods everything

i have ha dmy blaster for over a year and i have not got the chance to ride through the mud. it doesnt rain enough for mud to accumulate. when it does rain, the ground is so dry it just acts like sham wow and sucks up all the water.

when i read your first post i started laughing cos i pictured a blaster with a huge snorkle and my wife and son looked at me like i was nuts

I've seen it done. Some moron down at wayne must of thought it was a great idea to make his old honda trike a submarine. He ran a PVC pipe out the side and up like the trucks do and then ran this bizarre tube out the back of his silencer and above the water. He buried that SOB COMPLETELY under water. I'm sure that did a lot of good on it. 8-|

People like that just make me wonder "why", but then again his honda trike was beat to hell and unrecognizable to me.