any a arms

No other a-arms will bolt directly to a blaster. The blaster has an odd distinction of using a pinch bolt upper ball joint. Most use taper upper and lower.

Blaner has successfully fit a complete YFZ450 front suspension to a blaster by cutting the mounting locations off and making new ones.

There are also aftermarket options for what you want to do, I'm sure. Aftermarket a-arms of every shape (widened for MX shortened for drag) and even a member here who refits drum brake spindles to work with disc brake hardware.

Im running an extra 3 inches on each wheel and haven't had any issues. but i don't do any jumping only heavy trails and track. so wheel spacers are good but they widen your wheel base therefore causing your turning radius to go out the window....... But if you have any power to back it up you should have no issues with any turning problems.

A arms are the best way to go i feel but i have seen these a arm extentions for the blaster has anyone seen these?

Yamaha Blaster 200 A-arms Widening and Shocks Conv. Kit | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
wheel stud type extensions also ruin your turning arc (not just your turning radius). You probably don't even realize how much more effort it takes to turn your quad like that. If you went for a ride, and then bolted on a-arms to make your quad the exact same width you would be shocked at how much easier it is to turn. I was floored when I put my a-arms on, I could feel it even riding around the yard. It was easy like stock width with the rims not flipped again.

The widening kits suffer from bump steer problems. They don't change the suspension geomtery (just move it outwards) but they do change the steering geometry. They're not too bad if you're farting around on a trail but at high speeds, bump steer can throw you off your course especially if what you're riding on is uneven and one side goes through it's arc and the other doesn't.

no problem with spacers, except that your steering will be heavy, as Sic stated. i used to run with flipped front wheels to add width but after i did the 450 swap, i couldnt believe how much more sharp and light the steering. i dont think spacers are the BEST solution but they are A solution and do work.

i just dont have money for new a arms or extended and i have a kawsaki brute force 650 nothings is harder to turn then that lololol and can i use the spacers on the track??????

The bumpsteer isn't horrible. With stock shocks you'll barely notice the bumpsteer because of how stiff they are.

Yes, there is worse to turn that a kawasaki utility quad. Add 3" spacers to flipped wheels on the blaster and you'll have forearms like popeye before long.

i got forearmslike popeye from turning that thing it takes all i got and especile when i got all four whells locked i have to be moveing quick to turn it or nt movieing at all moveing slow its allmost impossible lolol