Am i screwed? Yes? No?

michigan_rider

Feb 6, 2011
Romeo, Michigan
hi guys, i have works shocks in the front. i was riding trails up north and my uncle stopped and i ran into his hitch. busted the hose from my shock to my rezzy. any idea where to send them? how screwed am i? i will trade for yfz shocks if anyones up for it. there great. until the little mishap.

lemme get you a link, i had a custom length, choice of end fittings brake line made, i'm almost positive that would also work for your shock rezzie, you'll need to know what size banjo bolt is used, prolly 10mm like yamaha brake banjo's, but better measure to be sure, or just call "works performance" they're really nice peeps, and a replacement line prolly isnt much $$
of course you'll also need to have it recharged at your local dealer

heres the link to the custom lines, maybe call or write them ????
look down the page it shows you all the options............

BANSHEE CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINE HOSE | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
its kinda wierd, the bolt thread snapped off in the resivour. should i drill it out. there not under warranty, i was thinking of selling for someone who is good with this. i was thinking of just getting 'shee shocks.

you will be sadly disappointed going from works shocks to banshee shocks, they're barely better than stock, compared to a full works race shock

and no, do not "drill it out" there is a proper way to remove that, but just drilling it isnt it

i'd check around, even with "works" and send it in to be fixed, well worth the time, money and effort

call works. you can just convert to not using resis before you sell the shocks all out

/\/\ true, you can screw the correct "schrader valve" into the shock, eliminating the rezzies, and have them recharged

I would find a local shock builder to convert to non resi or fix it to normal shouldn't be too much. an easyout should remove the piece they are a 1/8th pipe thread I beleive.

I think their is a place close to you called pcp racing that might fix it for you

if there is aleady a hole in the fitng for the fluid to pass though, just stick a easy out in that hole and gently twist it out i had the same problem with my banshee with works shock except i hit it with a hammer and replaced the steel braded line with with brake line worked great

ok thanks guys. i think im going to keep them. whats the best rear shock upgrade. something that will bolt straight up without using makeshift bushings. something simple.

there is no better shock that'll bolt right up, get ya some ken oconnor, un-makeshift, professionally lathed busshings for the 400ex shock, also work on 450r and 250r shocks, but they take other mods/fabbing, the 400ex is a great upgrade and with the KOR bushings and possibly drilling a larger bottom hole ???, is a direct swap

then go local, $30 for the line i listed above, you swap it out for free, then $30 for a recharge at the local dealers
$60 ..............grip it and rip it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Check with Majic Motorsports in Utica. Straight shot down Van Dyke for you, left (east) side little north of 59. They may be able to help ya. Where do you ride "up north", I usually hit the Mio area.