Am i missing a crank seal?????

Joshbegle

Jun 10, 2020
So it started smoking reallllll bad after over filling the gear oil pulled the clutch off there is the seal holder then a bearing!!! But there is no room for a crank seal between the bracket and the bearing... wth do i do???

Attachments

• 36C8D06C-A5F0-4359-9DA3-F1E61F89F819.jpeg
    36C8D06C-A5F0-4359-9DA3-F1E61F89F819.jpeg
    974.9 KB · Views: 152
Please someone help me this blaster is very sentimental to me i know its i pos but its my pos

Lol, bud, there is no seal that goes behind the clutch basket. The picture you have there is of the clutch basket/trans shaft, not the crankshaft. It shouldn’t be smoking more with more trans fluid, that is not how a 2T works bud. The crank is separate from that of the trans. If your quad started smoking more when you added more trans fluid then your crankshaft seal on the clutch side is done and needs replacing. The seal your looking for will be beneath the two gears to the right of the clutch basket

PS, always perform a leak down test after installing new crank seals, I would also suggest you seal the crank collar with yamabond as well. Plenty of info and vids on this. Good luck and post back with your findings.

It’s all good bud, that’s what we’re all here for. Also, since you have already removed the clutch basket, if you go to remove the crank gears I would recommend a Tusk clutch tool to hold the flywheel to remove the crank nut. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away.