Aluminum swing arm

As much as the swinger that was on the 85 LT I just got rid of was rewelded, including what I had done, I sure wouldn't use an 85-86. There must be a reason they changed in 87:eek:X(

That's a little high for my to buy just to see how it fit but it would be a great deal if it wasn't a huge job to modify to fit. A friend of mine has a bunch of Zillia parts but it looks like the 500R used the later design. Do you have any idea where I can find any info on the swap? Does anyone here an LT250R swinger they could measure? Looking on E2S, I've found the the swinger from 90 and earlier will change out in the frames, of course everything else is different.

I think all you have to do to make it fit the frame is cut spacers where the swingarm bolt goes through the engine to keep the swinger straight. But i dont know what kind of carrier you will need..

1st im am roughly 5 hours from bristol 2ed i really don't want to buy an existing swing arm and have to cut and work on it. I would much rather design a bolt on fit blaster swing arm and maybe set up to make and sell them. i have my own metal shop the only reason i asked the question in the beginning was do you all fell an aluminum swing arm will hold up after seeing photos of them for other bikes i feel safe going forward

1st im am roughly 5 hours from bristol 2ed i really don't want to buy an existing swing arm and have to cut and work on it. I would much rather design a bolt on fit blaster swing arm and maybe set up to make and sell them. i have my own metal shop the only reason i asked the question in the beginning was do you all fell an aluminum swing arm will hold up after seeing photos of them for other bikes i feel safe going forward

If you design the pivot point properly, an aluminum swingarm can be done safely and VERY strong.

Again, I recommend manufacturing the pivot point end out of a solid piece with the bearings bored into it with stubs made so that the aluminum tube can slide up and over it.

I like that Bronco, that looks like it would be a good way to do the pivots. The pivot shouldn't be a problem to make and would definitely be strong being 1 solid piece.

after something i think i can get away with two solid pivots like i show in the attached photo, now to the other end would you guys place stock flanges and use the steel axle carrier or create and aluminum one as while?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 158