Aluminum airbox pictures

thats sweet bronco,reps! is there any way you could weld one of those with a stick welder,like get special rods or anything ?i might make one up and seal it with silocone

yup same one.. having trouble locating the UNI filter to match that box. part # doesnt show on ebay

go straight to uni's website and look for the 2 1/2 inch inlet one, and some of those ads on ebay state that it is for mutiple sizes, according to which bike, write and ask them if they have a 6" long x 2 1/2" inlet

thats sweet if i had those fabbin skills i wouldnt of bought mine

my dad runs k&n in all his trucks makes a huge!! difference in gas mileage and throttle response

yes very true.....in cars and trucks that dont see dust like an atv does they are awesome. my girls car has one...but my atv has and will always have a UNI because i like my engine.

On eBay . Look for the one that has best offer. Offer him $75. With that price and shipping, it comes out to $85 for the box without the filter. I have done it myself but many people have posted that.

i offered him 75 and it was automatically declined. even offered 80. im not paying 120+ air filter..i'll wait around someone will sell theres on here eventually

79 Bronco Do you have an measurements? Thinking about coming up with a diagram for a friend who likes to weld and see if this is something he can do. Just need to get him some measurements.

have you had any problems with your quad running like crap? because i used your technique with the cardboard and it ran like poo and it didnt stay running wither. so how does your real aluminum one let the air filter get enough air? i dont want to spend my money on the real thing and have to end up scraping the thing cause i dosent work.

i offered him 75 and it was automatically declined. even offered 80. im not paying 120+ air filter..i'll wait around someone will sell theres on here eventually

Never tryed it myself. Just seen many people post it. Sorry it didn't work out. There's a metal fab shop just up the road from me. I'm going to take my air box there and see how much it will cost for them to make one. If it's not to much, I may get a couple made and sell them on here for cost and shipping.

have you had any problems with your quad running like crap? because i used your technique with the cardboard and it ran like poo and it didnt stay running wither. so how does your real aluminum one let the air filter get enough air? i dont want to spend my money on the real thing and have to end up scraping the thing cause i dosent work.

Did you rejet your carb??? what type of air filter did you use?? How about some pics????

As the air comes into to the filter, it hits a wall and has to make a sharp turn into a pinch point that is very restrictive . A custom box has a larger flow path and a more strait shot to the carb.
63fb92f2.jpg

76139c13.jpg

Reactions: 79 bronco
wow, thanks for the full pics and everything. i hadnt even bothered to look at the tubing but had a feeling it was typical of any other OEM intake. so why not just mod the stock box to accept a diy tube? silicone tubing can be had in many bends and sizes.