Alert: Spammers Found

lbwd

Apr 1, 2007
Missouri
Admin,
The following members are spammers :: 100% guaranteed.
I have a ton of experience in spotting them.
That's why I shut down my board.

* abohomebus
* b-partner
* Harackumel
* mohdbfbdd

I know that's disappointing, but stick with it.
Spammer get me pissed all the time. If you Google any one of those names in quotes, you'll see they are on all kinds of forums. The run a bot that signs them up everywhere. This is where that code field (when signing up) comes in handy, as well as confirmations via email. phpBB isn't too good with this.

Ya I noticed them awhile back. Im really not to worried as long as they dont start posting crap. Thanks though.

and if they start to be in the contest and they get their name drawn, are u going to give them the pipe? just wondering becasue they are spammers lol!

dirtyblaster said:
and if they start to be in the contest and they get their name drawn, are u going to give them the pipe? just wondering becasue they are spammers lol!

I am positive our admin knows better than that. Besides, spammers who are created with bots do not typically make posts. The spammers have joined for a better search engine ranking and to have their website listed everywhere, thus relating their name to almost anything. We can trust our admin because he knows what he is doing.

Ya if they post they will be deleted but right now they are doing us good because we have more members because of them. And no they cannot win the pipe. lol

Ya sorry about that. Im turning email validation on. That will prevent most of the spam.

Be ready for the p0rn0 ones. They suck!
They'll be here before too long. I'd delete any spammer with a URL listed in there account.