Airsoft help please

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
Are any of you guys into or know about airsoft guns? My son hit me last minute about an airsoft gun for Christmas. I really don't know much about them. What should I be looking for? How many fps? semi auto full auto ? the range? the brand/ maker of the gun? there are different size bbs to correct? do they all shoot different size bbs? He is 8 yrs old and says he want an Ak47.. also what kind of bbs do I get brand/ size? Ohh yeah and im on a budget.. Give or take im thinking $60.. <<<<< Is that feesable? Any help and input is much appreciated..

Thanks..

Do not buy him a full-auto. thats not something an 8 year old needs.

start with pistols. spring loaded. no gas
shoot him with a 200 fps pistol from about 10 feet. then ask him if he wants one still (not child abuse lmao)

my brothers pistol was about 300 fps i think and it would leave welts close by. and sting at distance

we had the cheap full autos from wally. they are ok. dont hurt much

yeah, i'd say............

looking for the vid of an airsoft killing a mouse
The ones used there are full metal internals. probably shooting at over 500 fps

when me and giz got ours we seemed to lose interest really fast.

we just bought the came bb's from wally that were .12g iirc.
my brother got a smaller bottle of .20g when he got the better gun. they hurt more

me and my buddies were paintball fanatics and quickly switched to airsoft, you haven't lived till you have ran through the woods with 10 friends carrying a gun that looks and feels real firing bbs at 375fps and fires 22 bbs per second. Can get expensive but fun as crap

Reactions: speedyslyder
This is my gun minus the laser and flashlight
image.jpg

Haha, I am truly embarrassed to say how much money we spend on it. It will reach out to about 60 yards with .25 gram bbs :p
My buddy can shoot almost 100 yards with his sniper. It is a very interesting game