air? leak

jar1zx

Feb 27, 2008
well my blaster was running like a champ. but other day it started 2 rev up when i put the clutch in and sounding like it's sucking air. and if i try 2 top out in 6 gear i hear that sound like sand hitting inside pipe. i replaced gaskets on head and jug. made sure i was not leaking air on carb intake. i have had chain saw's 2 do this and i replaced carb and that fixed it. ps i did not let it make that sound long at all lol

make sure you torque the cylinder and head in a torque pattern so its evenly tightened and make sure your reeds are evenly tightened and your carb snug on the intake boot

it did it with the power reeds to i changed them out to pro reeds did not help. im thinking carb right now. and i seen a helpfull diys on air leak and i tryed it but could not find leak. i did use WD-40 maybe i should have used either lol

today i broke out a can of starter fluid and sprayed every where for a leak could not find one. and plug was wet not tan gold, hum? what can i try now? it sounds like it's leaning out i wonder if gas could be slow or plugged up. u know how they sound when starting to run out of gas. mine is kinda doing that but not reving up that high.

i dont know yet i sent off my carb and jug 2 get ported. i'm thinking he will clean carb up hopefully. and i'll clean out the fuel tank and put in a inline fuel filter. lol coming soon dune port