Air box lid?!?!?

if you've got an air filter in it its no problem. you should NEVER run without an air filter anyway. the filter is there to catch that dust and stuff so don't worry about it

Rip that lid off!!!! Its a huge restriction. I went a whole winter and summer through snow,water, mud and dust... never had a problem.
Just don't go sinking your bike in water/mud and your fine.
I used to put a plastic shopping bag over my filter when I washed it to keep water out, just make sure you remember to take it off lol.

yeah....if you're going through something deep enough to get water into the lid, you're not using your head anyway.....

Sounds like good advice. Stay out of deep water. Use a Uni foam filter. Keeps out dust and particles better than K&N,imo.

I run a uni filter on both my bikes. I don't have a lid on and I do run with black panty hose over the box. No problems at all

I run with a outerwear airbox cover,it repels most of the water and i get plenty of air through it.

I like playing in the mud.I:I

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 178
To run no air lid cover, what do you gotta do? Don't you have to like jet the carb or something? Also whats the biggest carb you can get with a aftermarket filter, stock motor which might be re built and maybe a new pipe?