Aftermarket headlights with battery

awmod986

Jul 9, 2012
Hey everyone Ive got a 2000 blaster and I actually do a fair amount of night riding so I am looking to do a dual 45 watt halogen fog light set up after adding in a battery. I used the wiring diagram from the 96 Blaster that seems to be floating around and modified it. By adding a battery in place of the capacitor, throwing a couple of one way diodes in, and a relay, im hoping it will allow me to power both lights directly off the battery as opposed to over working the magneto. The power from the magneto when on high will only be used for powering the winding in the relay. I think this will work but Id like to get some other opinions before I bite the bullet and go shopping.
487965_10151922306275193_807518585_n.jpg

mmm sounds cool, im no electrical fundi but ive heard a lot about a floating ground or something being the best way to power potent lights

Bear in mind that the no load lighting voltage is 13.5 to 14.1 ac.

Adding a full wave bridge rectifier, the dc output will be 1.414 times the input voltage.

Do the sums, 20 volts, this voltage may give the battery a pretty hard time.

Could the halogen lights too handle that voltage.

I put the WalMart specials on, replaced 45w bulbs with 20w from Home Depot hooked up to High Beam wire, hooked ground up, bolted them to front fender bracket bolts, work AWSOME.