advice on blaster

jakeracefox

Feb 20, 2012
im looking at buying another blaster he said it has a 240 kit and is jetted and has a dg pipe with new sprockets needs brake pads and carb adjusted he said IT WONT IDLE. so i am wondering if i should buy this or not and what the issue could be if what hes telling me is true the price is is 750 850 with extras cases motor stuff and plastics, i offerd him 600 but havent looked it over yet would like to see what you guys think before i buy another blaster for 700 bucks that is going to blow up in a week

im looking at buying another blaster he said it has a 240 kit and is jetted and has a dg pipe with new sprockets needs brake pads and carb adjusted he said IT WONT IDLE. so i am wondering if i should buy this or not and what the issue could be if what hes telling me is true the price is is 750 850 with extras cases motor stuff and plastics, i offerd him 600 but havent looked it over yet would like to see what you guys think before i buy another blaster for 700 bucks that is going to blow up in a week

240 kit an a DG, this sounds a bit sus, why on earth would you run a DG on a 240.

If he will let you pull the pipe and get a look at the piston.

more than likely this is another fool who had it bored .40 over stock, and thinks that makes it a 240, it does not even make it a 200cc

and as stated above, who in their right mind would try to run a
DG (Dont Get) pipe on a big bore ???

heres how you tell, from identifying marks on the cylinders..................

=

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with BD7, lots of people mistake boring a cylinder for a big bore kit. See if he has receipts for the big bore? It's a long shot but never hurts to ask. First thing I would do if you buy it is check jetting and pop the head open to check it out.

well i know what to look for now in the cyl . the guy said he bought it that way and now he said he thinks the rings are gone since it wont idle does that sound right? but he said he want to replace the rings before sale idk i think its fishie too

well i know what to look for now in the cyl . the guy said he bought it that way and now he said he thinks the rings are gone since it wont idle does that sound right? but he said he want to replace the rings before sale idk i think its fishie too

does not sound right at all, a dirty carb would cause it not to idle, not the engine. Make sure to check compression on that bike

Sounds even more sus now, rings gone, poor idle,

Mmmm anyone agree that an air leak or poor jetting practice has taken the piston out.:eek: