???? about jetting

frankin blaster

Aug 14, 2012
weirton wv
i would like to run my air box open i know i need to rejet...but im not sure to what size i need to go i have a k&n filter if the makes a differance. also would i need to change my piolit jet and any other jet?adjust my needle valve? also when i do the oil block off i want to run 32:1 if i jet for the air box lid will i need to jet again for the premix? I:I

i would like to run my air box open i know i need to rejet...but im not sure to what size i need to go i have a k&n filter if the makes a differance. also would i need to change my piolit jet and any other jet?adjust my needle valve? also when i do the oil block off i want to run 32:1 if i jet for the air box lid will i need to jet again for the premix? I:I

1-2 jets for filter
1-2 jets for lid
1 jet for premix

leaves u at 260-280 ish. no need to change anything else. plug chop to confirm. start at 280 or 290

you need to go up atleast 1 jet for the 32:1 premix and atleast 2 if your taking the lid off and at least 1 depending what filter you got, but always plug chop to confirm jetting, what are your other mods? and also you can leave everything else if its running good

you need to go up atleast 1 jet for the 32:1 premix and atleast 2 if your taking the lid off and at least 1 depending what filter you got, but always plug chop to confirm jetting, what are your other mods? and also you can leave everything else if its running good
no other mods other then a shee +3 swinger. i took the lid off one night just messing around... and i like the waohhh sound it was running good till 4th gear power band then it bogged i could tell i was running lean (too much air not enough fuel) so i put the lid back on and miss the sound.. to me it felt like i was a little more snappy and my buddy even thought so to i figure it hardly adds any type of power but to me i felt a little more.... i dont like the box at all seems like the blaster overall could use better airflow..

also does it matter what jets example dyno jet, fmf, ect?

no other mods other then a shee +3 swinger. i took the lid off one night just messing around... and i like the waohhh sound it was running good till 4th gear power band then it bogged i could tell i was running lean (too much air not enough fuel) so i put the lid back on and miss the sound.. to me it felt like i was a little more snappy and my buddy even thought so to i figure it hardly adds any type of power but to me i felt a little more.... i dont like the box at all seems like the blaster overall could use better airflow..

it does add a bit. it was runiing lke that, cause it was running lean. anytime you change anyting to do with gas or airflow, it is alwyas a good idea to plug chop.

it does add a bit. it was runiing lke that, cause it was running lean. anytime you change anyting to do with gas or airflow, it is alwyas a good idea to plug chop.

yea i figured it was running lean.. i think im gonna go with dyno jet over fmf but dyno jet has stage 1&2 in one box are the sizes on the jets somewhere and how do i change them out?.. i know i need to plug chop after thanks for reminding me tho. and also i know this is a bit off topic but how can i make/buy a leak down tester every once in a while my blasty will idel good then slowly pick up till wot... i usually just let the clutch out a little and it will stop but my guess i have a air leak

yea i figured it was running lean.. i think im gonna go with dyno jet over fmf but dyno jet has stage 1&2 in one box are the sizes on the jets somewhere and how do i change them out?.. i know i need to plug chop after thanks for reminding me tho. and also i know this is a bit off topic but how can i make/buy a leak down tester every once in a while my blasty will idel good then slowly pick up till wot... i usually just let the clutch out a little and it will stop but my guess i have a air leak

i got my jets off rockymountainatvmc.com jet kits are complety useless. u spend 50$ for one, and u only use maybe 3 different jets. just take the boel of the carb off, and its rite there in the middle. unscrew it, and screw the new one in.

PM slickethanyou about leak testers. or look on ebay. if its running that bad, i wouldent run it until you do a leak test. then do a plug chop and jet accordingly. DONT RIDE TILL YOU DO! sounds like its running lean

i got my jets off rockymountainatvmc.com jet kits are complety useless. u spend 50$ for one, and u only use maybe 3 different jets. just take the boel of the carb off, and its rite there in the middle. unscrew it, and screw the new one in.

PM slickethanyou about leak testers. or look on ebay. if its running that bad, i wouldent run it until you do a leak test. then do a plug chop and jet accordingly. DONT RIDE TILL YOU DO! sounds like its running lean
will do thanks for the help i thought that was the main jet in the bowl but wasnt positive again thanks

A slightly lean mixture will tend to fool you into a false sense of security.

Slightly lean will run great but will detonate and produce too much heat and slowly but surely fry the piston.

A very versatile compression testing set which would be handy if you work on lots of different motors.

I cannot see a low pressure gauge, but if it has one you will need some other fittings to make it fit the carby boot and exhaust if you want to use it for leak down testing.

I think Slick is away for a while.

This is the stuff and info you need for leak testing.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A very versatile compression testing set which would be handy if you work on lots of different motors.

I cannot see a low pressure gauge, but if it has one you will need some other fittings to make it fit the carby boot and exhaust if you want to use it for leak down testing.

yea i think i may wait to see if slicker can hook me up i looked last nite in the diy section hoping someone did a diy to make one myself but my eyes got heavy and ended up face palming my phone till 2:30 in the morning when i woke up to relize i fell asleep on the couch lol

Would anyone be able to tell me where to get the cheapest pilot jets for a stock carb for a 99 blaster?

only the most heavily modified blaster engine requires a change from the stock 32.5 pilot

Sry, was referring to a main jet. I have a 230 stock jet but need a bigger one like a 280 or 290. I revomved my air lid,im getting a fmf gold series exhaust system soon, and i also have an uni air filter.