A new "can" on the board

cannedmushroom

Oct 17, 2011
N. KY
Hello all,
I’m Troy, just got back into the ATV thing after being out for a long time. Was looking for something my 8 year old son and I can do together. After two spinal surgery’s, golf was not a reality anymore. A few of my nephews have blasters so I went this direction.
Been prowling around the site for some time now, what a tremendous resource this is! Got a 2001 blaster w/ some small mods, V-force 3, oil and parking brake block off and 14/40 going on.
I am building a second motor as we speak. Ported jug by Diamond, going w/ a bigger carb. Bottom is all new w/ Hot Rod crank and bearing. Can’t wait till she is finished, want to beat the hell out of the nephews (it’s a family thing).
Here are a few pic’s. The two of the piston is what not to do to a Vito’s big bore. Was racing a YZ 250 and another quad, I hate to lose. The motor at the time only had 6-8 hrs. on it. What can you do?
I am looking to trade/buy a good used aftermarket exhaust, will post in wanted area.

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

One thing to watch out for with Vitos is the cylinder sleeve spinning inside the bore. Has happened to two members.

Welcome aboard!

I suggest a Air leak test be done once it is together, will protect your investment.

"airleak causeing a super lean condition" Now I feel like the dumb ass.
Suppose I will have to look into this thing you all call an air leak test. Thanks

welcome aboard man, sounds like she's gonna be a little ripper! I:I. i highly recomend slickerthanyou's leakdown testers, it dont get any easier than that and at a great price

Leak testing and jetting are the two most important this to do. You will have to rejet with almost any upgrades you do to the motor. Even removing the air filter cover will call for rejeting.

welcome aboard bro !!!!!
nice carnage........the piston and the hardware in the spine !!!!!!!!
(looks very similar to my girls neck x-rays)