a FYI on fixing a ford ranger

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
Ok so some of you remmeber me talking about having to replace some leaf spring parts on my ranger...

well it turned into a big fiazko!!!

got the shackel from the parts store, and had to get the shakel/ leif mount from the ford dealer,

the only bracket that bolts to the frame was rusted in half, and the shackel that bolts the leaf to that bracket was almost rusted in half,.. normal for the rangers..

well ford used a like rivet type thing to hold the bracket to the frame.. more like a round bar with both end hammers into a mushroom to hold it in.. 35 minutes of grinding to get everything cut out, and another 20 min of heat and pounding to get them out of the frame...

get new bracket on with grade 8 bolts,

now the old bolt threw the leaf.. took a hour!!!!! used the cut off wheel to cut off both sodes of the bolt ends, and still couldnt get the old botl and rubber collar out... used adril to drill the rubber to losen it up.. still nothing... countless beatings with the hammer still nothing!!..

finnally propane torch to the rubber collar and a screw driver!! rubber up in flames for 10 minutes will working at it with a screw driver and we finaly got it out!!.... got it all together and now the truck rides much nicer!!!!!!!

sooo 4 hours of sittin indian style on concrete with a fkd up back to begin with im hurtin prety good..

parts wise it wasnt bad though

21 for the bracket for the frame ( friedns discount at the ford dealer)
31 for the shackel with the bolts and collars.
8 for two cutt off wheels,
and i think i paid something like 7 bucks for all the grade 8 hardware for bolting the bracket to the frame..

sooo to sum it up. if any of your friends say 'hey can you help me replace the shackel and mount on my ranger'

say no and GTFO!!!!

hmmm ford theres your problem right there haha jk

i know... gemme my toyota 4 runner back.. which i might be gettin back, my friend that has it now, wants my ranger , only thing i need to fix yet is the center support berring for the drive shaft.... i dont wanna do it!!! the wife told him she will buy the part and he can do it him self.. he said he would on a friday so he can fix it right away... so next friday i may have 'the juggarnaut' back

BTW the juggarnaut is a87 toyota 4 runner 4x4 33 12.5 mudd tires, custo mmade frotn and rear bumpers, inside roll bar, painted with bed liner, but needs to be redone, newer 22re motor, auto trans 4:88 front and rear gears, manual hubs....

i know... gemme my toyota 4 runner back.. which i might be gettin back, my friend that has it now, wants my ranger , only thing i need to fix yet is the center support berring for the drive shaft.... i dont wanna do it!!! the wife told him she will buy the part and he can do it him self.. he said he would on a friday so he can fix it right away... so next friday i may have 'the juggarnaut' back

BTW the juggarnaut is a87 toyota 4 runner 4x4 33 12.5 mudd tires, custo mmade frotn and rear bumpers, inside roll bar, painted with bed liner, but needs to be redone, newer 22re motor, auto trans 4:88 front and rear gears, manual hubs....

NICE haha heres my order of brands i like from most liked to least
#1chevrolet
#2GMC
#3TOYOTA (the only one of the three that is made 100% in america)
#4DODGE

hey look at the bright side at least your smart enough to figure it out and determined enough to finish the job.. rep points for you man..

thanks man!!! if i would have known it was like that when i got it i ether wouldnt have got it or fixed it right away!!! i pulled a trailer with a quad on it, and one in the back of the truck, buddy that i got it from only had it for a few days, he got it on a deal for his bronco and didnt really want it, he didnt know ether, and pulled a dual axle car trailer with a bumnch of sh*t on it!!

if i woulda known there would have been no way in hell i would have has my son it it! it was only a matter of time before what was left of the bracket brokw and the left rear dropped to the frame

what a worthless thread! i read this entire thread on how to fix a ford and nobody knew sh*t! i read through the first few posts and at no point in all the fixing did i see the words blowtorch, dynamite, or shove down a hill and claim insurance =))=))=))

just effin with you 4cfed lol. if you gotta go American id say Chevy and thats it. get the Yota if you can. less problems then a Ford. Racer X would use his Blasty for transportation before a Ford. Racer X wishes the great Honda made a truck.

what a worthless thread! i read this entire thread on how to fix a ford and nobody knew sh*t! i read through the first few posts and at no point in all the fixing did i see the words blowtorch, dynamite, or shove down a hill and claim insurance =))=))=))

just effin with you 4cfed lol. if you gotta go American id say Chevy and thats it. get the Yota if you can. less problems then a Ford. Racer X would use his Blasty for transportation before a Ford. Racer X wishes the great Honda made a truck.

you must have missed the blown up get insurance call geiko thread..lol