99 blaster 200 no fuel

NeMustang

Jul 5, 2015
Hey there everyone, I have gone through the forums pretty extensively trying to figure out what could possibly be going on with my quad, a little background: It was running when i parked it about 7 years ago... haven't had the time or funds to ride in a while. I now would like to start riding again so i pulled out my quad, drained the fuel, changed the spark plug, cleaned out the petcock, and rebuild the carb.

I know that i am getting spark now, and I know that fuel is getting into the float bowl. I wanted to make sure the timing was okay so i got it to start on carb cleaner... after first rebuilding the carb the bowl was over filling and fuel was coming out from the overflow, so i bent the tab on the float so it would shut off earlier, there is still plenty of fuel in the float though i took it apart after to make sure. I am kicking it and kicking it and it still will not start (no matter if the choke is in stage one, two, or off...). I pulled the plug, rechecked for spark, and it seemed a little wet, not with fuel though, looks like oil from the injection system. What I'm wondering is what I should check to see if i am getting fuel? It is obviously getting to the carb, but i have no idea from there....

Thank you in advance for the help everyone, this looks like a great forum where i would love to contribute

-NeM

PS- I would reaaalllly like to go riding this weekend...

Did you run something throug the pilot jet to make sure it is clear?

Did you blow compressed air through all the passages including the fuel enrichment passages?

Check for restrictions in the exhaust. Sitting for 7 years will make a nice place for rodents to take up residence.

Tbrooks, I adjusted the float the way that the article said but it puts the floats waaaaay above the overflow, u did finally get it running, had to replace the pilot jet, which was under the main jet... I had no idea, and that sucker was clogged! I measured across the engine side if the carb and it looks like it's 32mm... seems kinda big for a blaster, eh? I will pull it off again tonight and adjust the float again where it will fill up just before the overflow and report, I'll take a few pics too.

Blaaster, yeah that was the problem, filo jet was completely plugged, I didn't even know it was there... /fail

Thanks for the help everyone involved. I really appreciate it