98 blaster build

Wood24

May 28, 2015
I've just started my build and have several questions for the knowledgeable blaster builders.
1st- I'm wanting a good strong woods bike with and dependable motor. Think about a Vito's 3mil stroker will this run ok with the pro circuit pipe that the bike had on it already?j

2nd- I'm gonna have the head rechambered by kor so with the that and the stroker crank do I need to bump up carb size? And if so what size would be suggested?

3rd- will all this be better with a lighted flywheel?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
Last edited:
1) is there a reason you are getting a new crank? old one bad? i suggest porting over the +3 crank. much more bang for your buck

2) carb size is dependent on the pipe you run. head rechamber may require higher octane fuel. read up on it

3) lightened flywheel= faster rev. which might help you in the woods, your choice

Bottom end was bad cylinder is in good shape. And I will be doin the porting myself nothing major just cleaning it up anything that doesn't envolve a lathe I can do. Don't have easy access to a lathe. Otherwise I would take a stab at it not afraid to make mistakes just means I learn more.

Front bumper I had lying around that was as wide as the front end so cut it up and made a it fit. Still have to mount it. Swingarm I extended I sleeved the inside the full length and also filled the void space. And finally mounted the 400ex rear shock.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 292
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 306
Nerf bars gonna be a pain to mount do to frame gussets. Aluminum air box I made real quick still need to finish need the motor in place first tho

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 304
Rear brake master mounted
Raptor 660 front hydro set up
Front brake caliper off a 94kdx I solid mounted for rear brake set up

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 297
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 280
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 262
Reactions: 82cutty
Final assembly fun but painfully slow

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 266
She runs and rides just trying to work out the jetting. Never even road this bike until after it was built.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 243