97 blaster no spark unless on throttle

Caveman66669

Jun 17, 2014
My 97 blaster has no spark unless I push the throttle slightly forward and won't sit an idle I put all new wireing except the kill switch an the throttle why don't I have spark unless I push on throttle? Any ideas?

ok

so it does run when you hold throttle?
idle adjustment is under the seat on stock carb
air screw is by the gas line going to carb it should be set at 1.5 turns out from fully seated.

I had the carb rebuilt and it all ran good till I fried the wireing harness so I got a new one and replaced everything else but the throttle and kill switch it was running good b4 I fried it then after replacing everything now I only get spark when I'm on the throttle and the tors is still installed
is your tors installed?

how did you fry it?
compression test?
is it a oem stator?or aftermarket?
it could be a million things . are you sure the pilot jet is not clogged or broken reeds?
answer these please :D

I'd start by unplugging the tors, there's a thread on here somewhere bout it, quite simple on a 97. And yeah how did you fry it you could've fried something else in the process. What exactly do you mean by you only have spark when you push throttle? Are you testing for spark while manipulating throttle?

title is very confusing cuz either it sparks or not.The throttle has nothing to do with ignition

got any pics of this bahhhh boy :) post em

title is very confusing cuz either it sparks or not.The throttle has nothing to do with ignition

got any pics of this bahhhh boy :) post em
I
how did you fry it?
compression test?
is it a oem stator?or aftermarket?
it could be a million things . are you sure the pilot jet is not clogged or broken reeds?
answer these please :D
The harness fell onto the engine and literally fried it I checked everything in the carb and the reeds there all fine an I have the plug out conected to the wire and it won't spark unless I barely push on the throttle there's like a pressure switch in the throttle assembly and when the lever isn't touching it it will spark and also after putting plug it it fires and runs fine as long as I'm on the throttle enough to disengage that switch or whatever it is

TORs problem. computer is thinking the throttle is wide open with out it coming off the switch.

you need to do/finish a proper TORs delete

Ok thanks guys I'll try that when I get home hopefully it works but that seems to solve the problem I'm having with that switch

All you have to do to disable the TORS on the 88-02 Blasters, is unplug the TORS brain shown in the 1st pic. Everything else is just to clean things up and get rid of useless junk.