97 blaster high idle

Joeyblastin

Feb 6, 2017
Okay so I just recently bought my first blaster. I'm very familiar with dirt bikes but this is my first quad. Picked it up for dirt cheap too. But anyway, kid I got it from said it idled perfect until he changed the throttle cable, which the new one was 1/2 shorter. After the new throttle cable, it idles way to high. I figured the old one may have been stretched out, and that's why the new one was shorter.

Popped the seat off to lower the idle on top of the carb, from what I've read, and there's no screw for adjustment. The throttle cable has a nut going into the top of the carb,adjustment I'm guessing. I'm not familiar with the "tors" but didn't see anything down there so I'm wondering if it has already been taken off, hopefully.

I'm pretty much asking where should I start? Maybe he got the wrong throttle cable? Or am I missing something about Adjusting the idle. Thanks in advance for advice!! I'll get pics when I can and when I figure out how to upload lol

here is 1 thread
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-and-idle-screw-install.22174/
should have a idle screw drilled tapped installed.
upload a pic says upload file right next to the button you hit too post relpy:)
here is 1 thread
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/aftermarket-carburetor-cap-and-idle-screw-install.22174/
should have a idle screw drilled tapped installed.
upload a pic says upload file right next to the button you hit too post relpy:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
Also I noticed the cable is adjusted all the way in on both ends. So adjusting it out as I type this, then I'll fire it up and see what happens

Okay so I just recently bought my first blaster. I'm very familiar with dirt bikes but this is my first quad. Picked it up for dirt cheap too. But anyway, kid I got it from said it idled perfect until he changed the throttle cable, which the new one was 1/2 shorter. After the new throttle cable, it idles way to high. I figured the old one may have been stretched out, and that's why the new one was shorter.

Popped the seat off to lower the idle on top of the carb, from what I've read, and there's no screw for adjustment. The throttle cable has a nut going into the top of the carb,adjustment I'm guessing. I'm not familiar with the "tors" but didn't see anything down there so I'm wondering if it has already been taken off, hopefully.

I'm pretty much asking where should I start? Maybe he got the wrong throttle cable? Or am I missing something about Adjusting the idle. Thanks in advance for advice!! I'll get pics when I can and when I figure out how to upload lol
Go to Yamaha dealer get oe cable. Tors system uses specific lengths so that both switches work correctly. Shorter cable would raise carb slide up causing high idle condition

okay i will say it again
it is the wrong carb/you have 1/2 on the cap adjust on top...
you prob cant even thread it in any further cuz it is the WRONG CARB.
where is this airscrew??? dissapeared
what does other side of carb look like?
i don't see a airscrew or 4-stroke fuel screw?
weird choke lever.
have you confirmed that the slide even goes down without the cable tensioned?

Go to Yamaha dealer get oe cable. Tors system uses specific lengths so that both switches work correctly. Shorter cable would raise carb slide up causing high idle condition

i don't agree i think you did not read through post enough:)

okay i will say it again
it is the wrong carb/you have 1/2 on the cap adjust on top...
you prob cant even thread it in any further cuz it is the WRONG CARB.
where is this airscrew??? dissapeared
what does other side of carb look like?
i don't see a airscrew or 4-stroke fuel screw?
weird choke lever.
have you confirmed that the slide even goes down without the cable tensioned?

i don't agree i think you did not read through post enough:)
I'm not sure what slide you're talking about

that carb was for a motorcycle
i dont know anything about it but here it is i think?
the size maybe different also.
the links will point you in right direction there is a few dif ones i see
pics are not quite the same but they are in the link if you look through it:)
if you want to use it measure your throttle cable right know
then get a longer one that the cables are for this carb ect.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mik...AhWs3YMKHbT8BZoQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=NDVqw60_1LQmfM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mik...AhWs3YMKHbT8BZoQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=UYICwEE8F5IE7M:
also this pics says vintage cafe racer cb/cl ect when you save it
vintage-caferacer-cafe-racer-bobber-brat-chopper-carburetors-mikuni-34mm-honda-cb-cl.jpg

vintage-caferacer-cafe-racer-bobber-brat-chopper-carburetors-mikuni-34mm-honda-cb-cl2.jpg

Last edited:
that carb was for a motorcycle
i dont know anything about it but here it is i think?
the size maybe different also these pics show the
idle screw on the opposite side??
probably a left and right side carb operation set up that way
or someone drill the idle screw wrong..
if you want to use it measure your throttle cable right know
then get a longer one that the cables are for this carb ect.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mik...AhWs3YMKHbT8BZoQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=NDVqw60_1LQmfM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mik...AhWs3YMKHbT8BZoQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=UYICwEE8F5IE7M:
also this pics says vintage cafe racer cb/cl ect when you save it
View attachment 29852
View attachment 29853
I just got it running perfect. I'm just gonna leave it for now till next winter I'm gonna fully rebuild it. The cable was hanging out of the top of the carb. Pushed it in and got the rubber piece in right and she runs perfect!!

I just got it running perfect. I'm just gonna leave it for now till next winter I'm gonna fully rebuild it. The cable was hanging out of the top of the carb. Pushed it in and got the rubber piece in right and she runs perfect!!

congratulations :)
and yes stock carb would be easier
just make sure it is not running to lean
or it will fry your top end before next winter lol

you need to put a hose on this routed the right way search that
crankcase vent hose tube whatever.
should end up under front nose
CARBLL 1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 82cutty
congratulations :)
and yes stock carb would be easier
just make sure it is not running to lean
or it will fry your top end before next winter lol

you need to put a hose on this routed the right way search that
crankcase vent hose tube whatever.
should end up under front nose
View attachment 29854
Ok I'll get on that tomorrow. What exactly does that hose do?

That hose goes up to a Black clip under the front hood. The spot in this photo with star around it. :)
DSCN3889_zpsb4xt2pzk.jpg

Also you need to buy some chain rollers.

Reactions: 82cutty