90 deg retard

I would love to try another stator but I just don't have that kind money to just throw at it. If it was broke no problem. The bike runs like sh*t but if you all don't think it will f- it up I'll try tuning it in by adjusting the stator. I guess at the end of the day sounds like it is trial time. Keep the ideas coming thanks.

There is one possibility the cdi is stuck in full advance on the ignition. cdi's can be problematic to problem solve, but are rare to say the least. Could you find someone that has a blaster with a cdi to try? That would prove if it's the cdi at fault. Just my 2 cents as to what could be your problem since the cdi controls timing advance and retard of the ignition based off rpms and signal from the magneto.

well I just deretared the stator alittle and runs pretty f-ing got, but the clutch sucks almost feels like it is starting in 2nd is that possible or maybe it's lacking low end at that point. The cable feels great. When I first started on this project I had to pry the clutches and plates apart, the I took a sander and lightly sanded the plates. 1st is ok the rest grind. Any ideas thanks.

I guess I will take the cover off again, tried it at the lever didn,t change. Is 10w30 ok to run in there atleast for now or can I run it all the time.

So you're running 80 weight gear oil. Today I pulled the clutch rod a c-hair off the ball bearing didn't make a difference. So there are 6 gears 6 clutch pads, should I be pulling in as many clutch pads as to what gear I'm in, and would I be ok to just throw a $40 set of clutches at it or should I put Barrnet or moose in? Just remember just trying to get it to go for now and tight on money.Keep the ides coming guys thanks alot.

So you're running 80 weight gear oil. Today I pulled the clutch rod a c-hair off the ball bearing didn't make a difference. So there are 6 gears 6 clutch pads, should I be pulling in as many clutch pads as to what gear I'm in, and would I be ok to just throw a $40 set of clutches at it or should I put Barrnet or moose in? Just remember just trying to get it to go for now and tight on money.Keep the ides coming guys thanks alot.

I run belray gearsaver. All your friction plates are for all gears it's not one plate one gear. I have a $50 clutch set from driveline performance, holds good after I was taught how to properly adjust the clutch(thanks Ken)you have to align the point on the clutch lever in the motor to the arrow on the case. Take the clutch cable off the lever to do this. You'll need both hands, now with the bike in nuetral the clutch cover off, cable not attached, you should be on the right side of your quad,

1. loosen the outer center nut on the pressure plate almost all the way off 2. hold the clutch lever (the part that the cable hooks onto in the motor) and gently push it towards the front of your bike to relieve the spring tension 3. now with a small phillips turn the center shaft in which ever direction it takes to align the pointer marks up as you are applying a little pressure to lever shouldn't take many turns you will feel it move. [usually clockwise] 4. When it is aligned, let the lever go it will go off the arrow due to spring tension that's ok. Keep your screw driver on there and take your wrench 10mm and tighten the center nut down snug while holdiong the center rod tight so it doesn't move. 5. Now take a socket and tighten it down good but becareful you dont overtighten it and snap it just a good snug tight is perfect. 5 ft lbs is what the manual says. 6. Put the cover back on, make sure your spring for the kick gear is in the hole when you do this or you'll be replacing some more parts down the road (experience talking here!). 7. attach the cable back up and adjust that just until you feel the springs on the pressure plate start to hit, then back off 1/8 turn and try that, ya may need to play with the adjustment on the handle bar lever as it warms up. Any questions just ask-Bob

Last edited:
Reactions: brandoz28
Thank you for the write up, tried that and 80w and it didn't work for me this time still grinding, so I ordered a new clutch kit, be here in 6-8 days. I guess if that don't work I'm gona have to split the case and check the forks. Any ideas Thanks

Last edited:
I finally got my new tusk clutch, put it in still grinds. Not from N to 1st but 1-2,2-3ect. I tried adjusting it a few different ways behind the cover started with the wright up then went loser alittle then tighter alittle, but when I started it ( tighter) the throttle seemed to hold WO so I called it a night. When I'm in gear and I pull the clutch in it rolls freely. Any ideas please

Last edited: