71' plymouth, project car

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
so ive been restoring a 71 Plymouth satellite. I was given 2 of these cars for free from my 3rd cousin I think it is :-/ one was supposed to be a parts car and the other just a shell. the parts car had the motor I was gonna drop in the shell but I changed my mind. so im just fixing up the parts car now. it was called the "parts car since it needs new floor pans and a trunk pan, I need to find a junk yard that has these pans rust free ish or just minimal rust, but cant find anything yet, me and the neighbor are gonna weld in the new pans.

for the engine she has a dodge 360 engine, its original to the car. 110 compression on the cylinders. 150k on it also. ive been going crazy trying to get this thing running and I finally got it started up and drove it 10 feet haha but no breaks. the whole ignition is new,i rebuilt the holley 2 barrel carb also, waaaay harder and more parts than a blaster for sure. and I set the timing on it and it runs awesome now. could use a fuel pump though, pressure is low.

my plan with it is to just get it running and driving and then sandblast it all and replace exterior gaskets and such then spray it flat black for the time being. then drive it to school and hope it gets semi good gas mileage haha. eventually I think its gonna be a pro street drag car. drop in a 498, thats a few years down the line though. btw found this thread on the mopar forum thought you might enjoy it MoPars & Curves (R16) I:I

now for the pics

sc7vbd.jpg

10mm045.jpg

30a6wdx.jpg

afkimp.jpg

will look like this someday
2rwb81z.jpg