600 gsxr atv project

Surfrjag

Mar 18, 2010
chesapeake, va
Someone has given me a 600gsxr motor and a frame for a banshee (old j arm frame) he had already went to town cutting the motor mounts and part of the upper supports. it has actually been sitting for a few years but i think its time to finally start doing some work to this thing. its mainly going to be for drag racing however this isnt my style of race bike i decided to let a friend buy the parts it needs so he can race it and i will build it. its comming along slowly and we are mainly waiting for his tax return to foot most of the parts. lol.
1323267795610.jpg

we put the motor in trying to mock up a few things and seems like the handlebars are a little to far forward so in the process of moving them back i went ahead and redid most of the front end.
2011-12-07174934.jpg

seems like i cant do much else with it until i get the throttle boddies to see if i gotta reconfigure the seat mount and i need the front tires to see how to build the ridgid front end. slow going project but i figured i would share :)

Someone has given me a 600gsxr motor and a frame for a banshee (old j arm frame) he had already went to town cutting the motor mounts and part of the upper supports. it has actually been sitting for a few years but i think its time to finally start doing some work to this thing. its mainly going to be for drag racing however this isnt my style of race bike i decided to let a friend buy the parts it needs so he can race it and i will build it. its comming along slowly and we are mainly waiting for his tax return to foot most of the parts. lol.
1323267795610.jpg

I agree the bars seem way forward looks like your ready for a poop! Great progress so far! Time to subscribe!

Looks like fun to me I:I. Any plans for the motor as far as extra powwa? :D Dirt or asphalt?

Funny thing is that by the time the frame is modded, might have been easier (better) to start from scratch. Not flaming you, just general observation. :D

i agree larry but this frame had been hacked up and now i dont have to build foot pegs, rear brake mounts, seat mounts, and i did use some of the front steering parts. not to mention the rear swingarm mounts. my next one will be a ground up build :)

it doesnt look like im going to have to do anything to the intake. i was talking about putting screen or something over them just to keep out big stuff.. it is a 4 stroke.. lol

Is this gonna be just for dragging Jag? Can't wait to hear it run! You east coast guys get all the fun!

Your buddy is going to be pissed when these yamahas go right by him.lol Looking good and an interesting project.I take it the foot is all better?

yeah he is... but o well. he is talking about putting nitrous on it now. i keep telling him to build a banshee. the ankle is feeling much better i am getting around well even well enough to ride today! thanks!