525cc blaster?

blasterguy15

Nov 21, 2011
new mexico
so im a newbie here and ive seen all the cool motor swaps and i was wanting ur guys opinions on putting a ktm 525 motor out of the polaris frame any advice would be helpful :-/

Most likely it will be way to large of an engine to fit into a blaster frame with no problems.

Even a 350cc Banshee Engine doesn't fit without stretching the frame out

i was looking at it and its not longer than the blaster but its taller and im having too much problems with my motor it wont stay together for one weekend

I would just make a sandrail or gocart out of that motor lol...Thats a lot of motor and weight imo...Im all about engine swaps but there are other motors that have better fitment and performance.Old yz 400/450 or newer yz but half to fab radiator.Best has a kx 250 and those are really good motors.The yz 250 and the it 400/450 pute out about 48 hp and are much lighter and almost bolt right up.

If its no longer than the blaster motor and no wider than it either I don't see why you couldn't do it. You may have to have a gas tank fabbed up to fit it and you'll play hell getting a pipe into there but I suppose it COULD be done. I mean, anything is possible right? And dude that would be crazy power in a light little blasty frame! And the added weight will be null and void because of the extra power. I say go for it bro. I'm swapping a Tri-Z mill into mine and will most likely swap a Zilla motor into the Tri-Z (or a TT500 motor since we have a few spares hehehehe ;) ) do what other say can be done AND PROVE THEM WRONG. Don't let haters (yes YOU GUYS! Lol) bring you down or talk you out of a project you wanna do.

no im not afraid to do that all the motor needs is bearings and im set cause i have all the equipment to do it cause im guessing that was a almost 600 pound bike and if u were on the gas the front wheels were off the ground so in a 300 pound frame it would fly and if i cant make an exhaust i can just make a drag pipe

I made a set of drag pipes for a banshee and had a loooooooooooot of time in on just the maths and then a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot more time in on trial and error. It's a lot that goes into making a drag pipe for a two-stroke and if you don't get it right it won't run at all (especially the big bore bikes like my Zilla and that 525). I'd personally give Mat a call over at Sheaer and tell him what your doing and see if he can make you an in frame pipe

no its a 4stroke so it wont be hard but i started taking it apart today so im gonna have a guy who only rides ktm525s and he said it wont be hard at all to fix and if i end up not doing that ive got a 250r that i can slap in there

250r swap sounds sick.IMO that would be the way to go as far as fabbing the blaster.A lot of power and still light and fun to ride.250R is a pretty good motor.

so im a newbie here and ive seen all the cool motor swaps and i was wanting ur guys opinions on putting a ktm 525 motor out of the polaris frame any advice would be helpful :-/

Hi guy, I put a KTM 250 into my Blaster and currently I am looking at a straight axle Outlaw with a blown (like blown up!) motor to put a KTM 300 or 380 into.

229206_10150236712600803_5649659_n.jpg

The IRS Outlaw weighs about 390 lbs and the Outlaw 525 S weighs about 375 lbs. Most of that extra weight is motor.
The brakes, suspension and ergonomics of the Outlaw are much, MUCH better than the Blaster.
The 525 makes awesome power, but you are lucky if it only needs bearings to make it run.
They are usually mucho dinero to get running when they break. Powerful, but not tough.

Putting the 525 in the Blaster will increase the weight to pretty near that of the Outlaw, but with a worse chassis.
Welding on the chrome-moly frame is not to be taken lightly, it cracks with time and reinforcing adds weight.

Fix up the Outlaw, or trade the 525 for an enduro (for the gear ratios) 2 stroke motor.
Or hot rod the Blaster motor, its easily able to make +30hp cheap and reliably and keep weight to 320 lbs.
No rad, no coolant, no weekly oil changes.

Oh yeah, the 525 needs the oil changed every 10 hours or 100 miles. See it here.
Hell I take trips longer than that. No 2 stroke goes through that much oil.
I've been down that route, constantly changing oil is no fun.
I'm a hater... <GRIN>

Wow best done all the research for you! Lol. I guess with the facts out there like that it seems like it'd make more sense to rock a 250 trike powered bike like me :p