+4mm Hot Rods Crank

Jan 22, 2014
Remington VA
Customer recently bought this crank, was unhappy with bottom bearing side clearance at .040 inches - so he returned the crank and has gone the direction of a +3 so he does not have to trench the cases.

Since returned the bottom bearing clearance has been taken care of and now set at .028 - .029 inches. Crank is in very nice shape and ready to run. Main bearings feel good but will be up to the discretion of the purchaser as to whether or not they will run them.

Asking $90 shipped US. Priced to move. PM me for any interest. Paypal is Jon@Younggunsracing.com

Thanks!

Whilst I applaud your honesty, my question is, why was the crank not checked for side clearance before shipping to the first customer?

Whilst I applaud your honesty, my question is, why was the crank not checked for side clearance before shipping to the first customer?

It should have been, I try to do most everything myself and I generally have one good part time employee and it is protocol to check all of this stuff before I even list it and it was marked for sale so I thought nothing of it. I guess it goes back to the old saying if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

Sorry Boss but this one isn't going away. I think we ( The Blaster Forum) really need to know how you "corrected" this crankshaft. If the thrust was @ .040", the only way to properly correct it is to replace the thrust washers or maybe even the connecting rod. Personally, I would have just re-built the shaft and sold my customer a like new product. I see you advertise a bunch of services and products here but I've never seen you offer crankshaft rebuilding. So, back to my original question, how did you correct it? Did you send the shaft out to have the washers replaced and the crankshaft properly inspected? I'm thinking you tossed it in a press and pushed the pin down to achieve the thrust. I hope I'm wrong and please correct me if this isn't true. I've been of this forum for a little over five years. Flowtek, Wildcard, Kennedy, were all of the top builders when I joined. They're all gone because of shady business practices. Customers come to me because I'm honest, and give them what they pay for. As a Technician on this forum, I believe it's my responsibility to call out bullshit when I see it and I'm seeing it big time. Soooooo, How did you correct it?

Flowtek, Wildcard, Kennedy, were all of the top builders when I joined. They're all gone because of shady business practices.

Do you really know why Wildcard isn't building motors anymore? Brandon is running his fathers business while his father recovers from a plane crash a year or so ago. Brandon and Shay are good people and honest.

Maybe you should worry about your own business and let Jon runs his. He's a new shop owner trying to do alot on his own and still learning.

Have you ever had a crank start to come apart? I have. I took it apart, checked it and reassembled it when everything checked out and had it welded.

Do you really know why Wildcard isn't building motors anymore? Brandon is running his fathers business while his father recovers from a plane crash a year or so ago. Brandon and Shay are good people and honest.

Maybe you should worry about your own business and let Jon runs his. He's a new shop owner trying to do alot on his own and still learning.

Have you ever had a crank start to come apart? I have. I took it apart, checked it and reassembled it when everything checked out and had it welded.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/180895-wildcard-racing/

I appreciate what Ken is doing here. He is just looking out for the people of this forum by calling out what sounds like something that could be shady work. Like he states, this builder could just explain himself and if it's done properly then no harm done and he will keep a good reputation. But just because he is a new builder does not mean it's acceptable to do questionable work. We just need to hear back from this builder so we know what's going on and can make a judgment on his work.

Reactions: Awk08

Sorry to hear about his Dad. I'm sure he has his hands full. Read on for a better understanding of shady.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/metal-slivers-in-new-build.54908/page-2#post-700200

I have seen crankshafts begin to spread apart. It's usually caused from bad assemblies or out of tolerance parts. Pressing them back together isn't how I repair them.

Nice read Larry.

Just looking out for my brothers.

it comes with bearings already on the cranko_O..$90 bucks
would i half to take the bearings off to install it to the cases?
credit card in hand :eek:

Did I miss something?

you missed member's that have not logged on in years/alternate ego's today to comment on this post.
i personally dont care commen sense is virtue..........speedy:p

he might just be busy though and not on the internet but i doubt it that he has not read this

i guess if im going plus 4mm then i should snatch it up..it is a used product consider your losses:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Herpderplol
sorry ygr but $90 bucks just got you a azz whooping please respond to clear up this issue..
perhaps we are mistaking and it is legit....you hold the answers to that!!!
maybe you are busy and have not read this but from the random peeps that log on here it seems that you have read this?
who was the previous buyer that returned it?
is he a blasterforum member?
i think it would be in your best interest to reply asap as word get around:)
clear up this issue asap....if you dont respond to your own thread then one can only assume you are trying to save a lousy 90 dollars for your .....what couple thousand hundred thousand dollar business......this is the big leagues don't fool around on here..that is what craigslist is foro_O

I think this is the first time iv ever seen speedy get worked up... lots of interesting threads today for reading.. looks like lots of older members ironically popping up out of the wood work. tuned in

Reactions: speedyslyder