400ex front shocks and +4 a arms?

bigmak1987

May 14, 2010
I havent been on here in a while but I thought I saw someone had put +4 a arms an thier blaster and 400ex front shocks.
is this posable dose it require long travel a arms?
I wouldent think stock mounting a arms would work.

also dose blaster have the same wheel bolt patern as any other yamaha?

I havent been on here in a while but I thought I saw someone had put +4 a arms an thier blaster and 400ex front shocks.
is this posable dose it require long travel a arms?
I wouldent think stock mounting a arms would work.

also dose blaster have the same wheel bolt patern as any other yamaha?

first off since there are guys putting yfz shocks on standard +3 arms im sure the 400ex shocks will fit on a +4

the blaster from hub bolt pattern is yamaha's universal bolt pattern used on 90% of the sport quads they make, the only difference is the rear hub..but this can be easily fixed by buying banshee hubs for 30bucks and putting them on your axle..this will then allow you to run the majority of yamaha rear wheels and many other rims

i am using stock arms with my yfz450 front shocks but i have the diamond j widening kit but it shouldnt matter it will still be the same and yes they should fit

I had my arms built for 400ex shocks, slightly longer than YFZ. You are right though they are long travel. The bushings suck though and also do not fit blaster. I used aftermarket yfz shocks and adjusted them slightly longer. this was to match my rear ride height with a dual springed YFZ rear which raised it slightly. The whole thing after accounting for spring sag sits balanced at 10.5 inches clearance at the frame. Slightly higher as it is a trail bike. but it is also 48 inches wide with +3+1 arms +3 swingarm g-force axle and shocks so it is not tippy.