+4 timing advance

i should be putting the degree key in mine in about 2 weeks when i get my +3mm crank installed. hopefully that'll give me enough power down low that i can get rid of the reed spacer and get the full slam of the powerband back.

i should be putting the degree key in mine in about 2 weeks when i get my +3mm crank installed. hopefully that'll give me enough power down low that i can get rid of the reed spacer and get the full slam of the powerband back.

Do you bealive that the reed spacer is responsable for that loss of kick trough the powerband ? I felt that on mine but since i placed VForce3, +4 key,rejeted the carb, toke the air cover off, at the same time, i kinda got lost.:-/

yes to me it makes the powerband less violent but the advantage is that it gives you more power for more of the rpm range. instead of just having killer top end power you can have very good power the whole way through the range.

some dissagree and say they do nothing tho, so you'll get different opinions depending on who you ask.

yes to me it makes the powerband less violent but the advantage is that it gives you more power for more of the rpm range. instead of just having killer top end power you can have very good power the whole way through the range.

some dissagree and say they do nothing tho, so you'll get different opinions depending on who you ask.

Gess the only way to know for sure is to try it out, i´ll give a go this weekend. thks

you might want to go with a timing plate i put a key in one before it was good for about 4 runs then it sheared and cracked the rotor

save money and do it your self, anyways, i have a reed spacer, and the powerband has noticable kick to it, (cpi) so i dont believe spacers just take all the kick away, your pipe is the number one item that will determine you powerband, and where it comes in, porting does also, but your supposed to match porting to exhaust, if you have a low end port job, and a top end pipe, you will still have top end, because exhaust is everything

in my case i think that the reed spacer pulls alot out i also heard that the reed spacer is often complained about because they crack reeds