+4 swinger Chain length?

c_dub1984

Jul 30, 2010
Oklahoma
I know the question has prolly been asked to death already but can anyone with a +4 swingarm and 14/40 gearing tell me what length chain I need. I tried to use the chain length calculator link but it doesn't work and I can't use the search tool because I'm using my phone and it's a huge POS

i just ordered a +4 swinger too. i'm going to go with a 106 link chain. that's only 2 more links than a banshee chain which is what a lot of ppl run.

don't take this as a suggestion though because i haven't gotten either the swinger or the chain yet, but my friend has a +4 w/ shee chain and didn't have a lot of adjustment with it.

Yea that's what size I was going to order but wanted to ask someone with a +4 before I did though. Let me know how it fits when ya get yours.

I run a 104link chain with my +3, but need to take 1 link out. My gearing and axle carrier set-up is different from stock. Have a roundhouse swing-arm, it makes alittle difference with chain length. Some will argue it makes no difference, but that's just mho.

+3 swingarm needs a 102 link chain.
+4 swingarm needs a 106 link chain.

When I did my +4 stocker I put the chain adjuster closer to the middle and then cut the chain. I'm not sure what sprocket size I am running off hand but believe it's a 106 link chain. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference but I came across a dyno sheet on different chains in an atv mag when I did mine and by putting on a non o-ring chain you get almost close to 1 extra hp to the tires because of non flexing of the chain so that's what i did. I'll go out and count mine and post what i'm running and see if I can locate the article of the dyno to if your interested.

When I did my +4 stocker I put the chain adjuster closer to the middle and then cut the chain. I'm not sure what sprocket size I am running off hand but believe it's a 106 link chain. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference but I came across a dyno sheet on different chains in an atv mag when I did mine and by putting on a non o-ring chain you get almost close to 1 extra hp to the tires because of non flexing of the chain so that's what i did. I'll go out and count mine and post what i'm running and see if I can locate the article of the dyno to if your interested.

Did ya get a chance to count em? Also I'm definetly interested in that article post up a link