4" extended swinger

biggrobb762

Jan 18, 2011
HARFORD CO. MD.
again im saving money by doing my own fabrication heres my 4" extended swingarm i had taken 2 stock swingarms and carefully measured and cut them for the extra 4" i then got some metal stock that would fit inside the swingarm tubes and cut them to 6" so they would slide in 3" on each side of the cuts but before i put the sleeves in i drilled 3/8 holes on the sides of the swingarm so that i could plug weld it for more strength i also beveled the cut edges of the swingarm so i could get a better weld on it i still need to do some measuring for the new shock mount and clean up the welds and paint it i will have more pics soon
5081-swingarm1.jpg

5082-swingarm2.jpg

5083-swingarm3.jpg

5084-swingarm4.jpg

5085-swingarm5.jpg

Reactions: xKroniK13x
That looks really good.

If you've got two swingarms to chop up and can get the cuts straight, it's a decent way to create an extended swinger. Set your frame level plus about 1" to get the rear end height right before you reweld the shock mount in there. That'll put it just about right with the sag out of it once you're done.

yeah i will get to the shock mount tomorrow i was gonna take some measurements on a stock swinger from where it mounts to the frame to the shock mount and use those measurements on this one for the shock mount but it might have me sitting too high so i guess ill figure it out but thanks for the info

Reactions: hudack
and here it is all together and running i set the shock at the longest it can adjust to and it sits a lil high so im not sure if i am going to adjust it back down i painted it with silver engine paint and it came out looking chrome but it will be dirty soon so who cares i already took it for a hard ride and it feel good and no more of the front end lifting when i get on the throttle
5116-4-swingarm.jpg