33mm pwk and Toomey

wompmonster

Apr 26, 2012
i have a toomey i just got and i'm just seeing if someone has a similar setup. and what jets your using.

i have a 33mm pwk and toomey B1
i have self porting done.
bored .80

i'd start with pilot jets ....45-52
main jets ...148 - 160
and a must for the pj's and pwk's.... a dgh/cel needle

then read the jetting 101 guide on here to determine what jets are right for you
and plug chops to confirm that main
start large and work down

I have the same setup only difference is +3 crank, It ran great on a 150/50 pilot CEL needle middle clip. PWK models I have used including an OKO Knock off -I have found seem to like a larger pilot. I ride between 1000-2500 feet and on those crisp evenings a small air screw adjustment and it's all good!

cool thanks i have a 48/150 right now, but still workin with it

plug chops for the main
for the pilot............. start at 1.5 turns out on the airscrew, adjust 1/2 turns each direction, allowing 20 seconds between turns for the engine to catch up to the new setting, find the setting it idles the highest.
if that high idle setting is between 1/2 to 2-1/2 turns out, you pilot is correct.
if under 1/2 turn = smaller pilot
if over 2-1/2 turns = larger pilot
if the airscrew has no effect on idle/rpms, skip 2 sizes either direction until you find the one it responds too, then follow above high idle procedure.
when you find the correct one, and high idle setting, then fine tune with 1/8 turns until it revs cleanly past 1/2 throttle.