300EX Fronts on a Blaster?

Triple_B

Sep 20, 2010
Sewage Drain
I was doing a cleaning on the blaster today to prepare for the rebuild and I had an extra 300ex front shock that came with my brothers 300ex. I thought about doing a swap for one of the fronts just to see how they look and work. Well, actually it looks pretty good. They are a little shorter than stock blaster shocks. not sure the length, but I can tell in the pictures I took. The only problem is that the width of the top eyelet is smaller than the mount on the frame. You would need some bushings of some sort or maybe even a few washers. Other than that the bolts fit fine. But I wont be running one 300ex shock and a blaster shock, I put the other blaster shock back on. It was just and experiment. Pics:

125nwu8.jpg

xnaxkn.jpg

30jim11.jpg

21b8zmo.jpg

do you think it would be an upgrade from the blasty shocks?

I think so because the 300ex is a heavier machine and whenever I ride it its pretty smooth up front. I think they would be nice to have with a Vitos BBK. But then they are shorter than blaster shocks and most people dont want to go any shorter than the stock length if they are upgrading.

Last edited:
what was this post about again, I cant take my eyes off yur profile pic. wow, my computor is running slow at the moment and it is in slow motion, much better i hav to admit lmao