250r rear shock

when i did mine i didn't need any special bushings. inside the top bushing of the 250r shock there is a sleeve that should be able to come out. with that removed the stock blaster bolt was a perfect fit for it

when i did mine i didn't need any special bushings. inside the top bushing of the 250r shock there is a sleeve that should be able to come out. with that removed the stock blaster bolt was a perfect fit for it

You aren't supposed to take that out. It's there for a reason. It rotates around the wrist pin like bearings in the top shock mount body, disperses impact pressure across a larger area, and keeps it clear of debris like dirt to improve the life of those bearings(or whatever they are). This is why Ken made his bushings. You can get away with not having it in, but you can also ride a blaster with only front brakes. Just saying there are possible negative consequences in doing so.

that is the inner bearing race and is very hard material for the needle bearings to ride on, without that inner race, your bearings will be riding on the bolt you installed, and unless it the same or close hardness, and exact diameter of that race, the bearings will be eating that bolt for brunch

noooo i did not remove the bearing race or the bushing itself, im not an idiot lol. theres a sleeve that goes inside the bushing, the only purpose of it that i can tell is that its narrow in the middle so it can hold more greese for the bushing? i could be wrong. heres pics of what i am talking about. the stock bolt is a perfect fit inside the bushing

htz8mr.jpg
2we9ow6.jpg

2vb0hs0.jpg
2itht0l.jpg

ic, you may get away with removing that ????

i couldnt see it hurting anything? after all the stock blaster shock has no sleeve inside the bushing like that

but back to the OP, i would definately get the shock as long as it doesnt need to be rebuilt. especially if you can get a 'neighbourly' discount I:I