250r carb finally came...

blaster03

Feb 9, 2010
ohio
okay everyone.. my 250r carb that i ordered off ebay finally came today... now where to start.... what jets should i buy/try using.. and i also know i need a special throttle cable..

ya haha what he said. and im not sure on that crank tho. the guy said it has that but i cant really see it... so im not for sure on it.. but it has the vitos. fmf pipe and silencer. no lid on air box.

can anyone help me on where to start with ordering jets for this carb? and a good place to order them from? also.. where do i get the boot to modify it.... or do i have to modify mine cuz the part that connects to my rubber boot looks wayyyy to big...

if anyone has any info on the jetting and where i should start please let me know so i can order... and im ganna order that cable and boot

okay i just took apart the carb to clean it and such. took out the old jets it has a 145rd main. and a 60 pilot where should i go from here with my set up.... i didnt test it on the blaster with those jets...

also engraved under where the floats go is a 30? i thought the carb is a 34??? did i get screwed or is it just there???

start with a 150 main and a 50 pilot and work down from there

okay now.. do the jets move down like when u say go down from there meaning next being 145? and also do i wanna order them off jetsrus? should i order them for a yamaha blaster or a 250r? and how u said i could dremel the boot out can u show me a boot off ebay i could just buy? cuz i have a bit of money right now i can spend. alsooo i ordered the throttle cable.. is there like a package of jets i could buy cause there like 5 bucks to buy them single?

sorry for so many questions but i never worked with something like this before.. im also concerned if i throw the 150 main and 50 pilot in there what will happen when i start it? i dont want it to harm the engine... its brand new lol :/

its a keihin carb right? just order jets for the keihin. listen to yb for the jetting. i had an SMS intake boot and it worked really well. didn't need a reed spacer to put that big thing in there.
Store - Snyder Motorsports

that jetting should be a little rich, so that'll be fine to start with

sorry for so many questions but i never worked with something like this before.. im also concerned if i throw the 150 main and 50 pilot in there what will happen when i start it? i dont want it to harm the engine... its brand new lol :/

150 and 50 i am guessing will be rich and you wanna start rich and work your way down....

this is what i would buy

main jets:

pilot jets

you can get them on ebay

keihin jet, eBay Motors, Sporting Goods. Great deals on eBay!

Last edited by a moderator:
150 and 50 i am guessing will be rich and you wanna start rich and work your way down....

this is what i would buy

main jets:

pilot jets

you can get them on ebay

keihin jet, eBay Motors, Sporting Goods. Great deals on eBay!

alright ill order those today. so start with the 150 and the 50. how will it run?? like how will i know to move down?? and thanks for that boot.. can u give me a direct link to order it?

Last edited by a moderator:

okay.. so messing witht the jets wont hurt the motor any? and also.. the needle position im not to sure on how to adjust that part.. i had the carb apart last night and i didnt see any adjustments on it..

the needle will come out of the top of the slide, you have to take the cable retaining stuff out to get it out, and there's a little e clip on it that you can move to different slots. jetting incorrectly CAN hurt the motor, but you're going to be rich enough that you're going to be safe, just work down in steps after it gets running.